Chapter 71

Loki stared in shock at the hammer in his hand. The rest of the team were all staring in shock too. None of them had ever expected that Loki would be worthy. You broke through the shock first and kissed Loki's cheek. "I knew you were worthy, my king," you told him warmly. He gave you a warm, but surprised smile.

"I am not surprised," Thor told him and clapped him on the shoulder. "You ruled Asgard so well and showed you care for our people. Of course Mjolnir would find you worthy after that,"

Of course! Loki stayed behind when you and Thor were in danger to do his duty to the throne. That act had likely been the catalyst for Mjolnir's change of opinion about Loki.

Loki looked between the hammer in his hand and his daggers on the table. "This isn't what I summoned!" He quickly dropped the hammer as if it burned his hand and rushed forward to the coffee table for his daggers. He picks them up quickly and you could hear him coo over them, though it was too quiet for the others to hear. "I'm so sorry my darlings. I did not want that stupid hammer over you,"

You smirked at your silly love and you all went out together to face the newest emergency.

*

"Do you need a ride home?" Strange asked when you stood from healing his hands the next time. Your powers were drained from your work on his hands, which was find since you were losing your powers the next day anyway. Strange was concerned, though, you usually asked him for a portal back to the tower after you'd worked on his hands. He didn't like that you were so low on power and he reallydidn't like that you were trying to leave the mortal way, as you'd arrived.

Especially when you hadn't brought Loki with you. He was off on a mission with the team, partnered with Wanda, as he had become her mentor. The two were really close, close enough that she seemed to have become his kid sister.

"Thanks, but I have a couple errands to run on the way home. Thor needs more pop-tarts for one thing," you said and rolled your eyes at the god's love for the stupid things. "I drove here anyway," you added when Strange looked concerned. It really wasn't that big of a concern that you had driven here. All of Tony's cars that he actually let leave the tower were all capable of driving themselves home thanks to Jarvis.

"Be careful," Strange bid you, still sounding concerned, but you weren't completely without your powers, and were a capable warrior without them.

So you waved, promised to be safe and headed out on your errands. You stopped by the bookstore to pick up a present for Loki because you loved him and he was happier and less shabby when bribed with affection and presents. His favorite pastime was still stabbing or poisoning Thor when he was bored, so you went out of your way to keep Loki from getting too bored. And it made him happy when you gave him gifts. Poor thing had been attention starved before he'd met you, besides from Frigga of course.

So you brought him home a new book that sounded interesting and found a video game that you could play together that might entertain him. He liked playing games with you. You were patient with teaching him the game mechanics and the one you had picked out was an rpg so it would play out like a story on the screen. He'd love it.

You went to the grocery store and picked up the groceries everyone had asked for, plus ice cream and chocolate for yourself. And about ten boxes of brownie mix. You needed supplies to make it through the next three days. Supplies most definitely included chocolate, brownies, and ice cream.

Loki would also stab anyone who tried to eat your brownies. Thor had made that mistake one month and you'd cried when you found your brownies eaten. Loki had stabbed his apologetic brother before you could stop him. Thor had had to go to the store, while still bleeding from the daggers sticking out of his side, to acquire more brownie mix in apology. That had made the news as everyone wanted to know whyThor had been at the store while bleeding to buy brownie mix of all things. He'd also had to help you make them before Loki would calm down. After that everyone knew to leave your brownies alone.

You were planning on spending your afternoon baking, and taste testing, the brownies, at least until the team got home.

A couple of kids spotted you in the store and dragged their mom over so they could ask for your autograph. You smiled brightly at them and summoned photographs which you signed for them and let their mom get a picture of you with the kids. It was times like that which made you remember how much you really were part of the team. It was hard to remember that you were as famous as Stark, Cap, or Thor, until people, especially kids, came up to you for autographs.

You finally made your purchases and back to the tower. You parked in the underground garage, the doors opening for you automatically as the car approached. All of Tony's cars were recognized and let right in. It helped that they all had Jarvis installed and Jarvis also ran the security on the tower.

You parked in your usual spot and went to the trunk of the car to get your bags, planning on putting the game into the system so it could do its updates while you made brownies and you could play the game with Loki when he got home.

You weren't expecting danger, not in the locked garage.

You weren't prepared and your senses were dull from your powers being drained.

You were supposed to be safe in the tower.

So you didn't notice anyone had come up behind you until the damp cloth pressed over your mouth and nose. You automatically took in a breath to try to turn and draw a weapon to face the person whose arms had wrapped around you. You smelled something sweet and couldn't get a proper breath. The bags fell from your hands as the world spun and turned black in an instant. Your limbs grew heavy, your eyes wouldn't stay open.

You felt the world fade away and you were helpless to stop it as you drowned in the darkness.