Chapter 33: Mesmerized (Finale)

By the time they reached the airport, they were over 20 minutes late. Simon frantically hurried through the different terminals in search of Jaysen, but he was nowhere in sight.

"Hey, don't run so fast!" Johnny yelled out as he and Timothy followed closely behind Simon.

"Yeah, you're clumsy," Timothy reminded.

Slouching over to palm his knees, Simon panted and turned to glare at his so-called parents. "What the heck are you doing?" He shouted at Johnny. "Stop that!"

"No can do," Johnny refused.

"Why are you filming me at a time like this?"

"I'm making a documentary?" Johnny beamed.

"Is it that funny to see me making a fool out of myself? Are you even my friends?" With that, Simon burst out in tears from frustration.

"What the...?" Johnny was dumbfounded by Simon's sudden outburst. "Why the hell are you crying? Everyone is staring at you."

"Why are you picking on me?" Tears streamed down his face.

"I..." Johnny shrugged yet continued to film with his phone.

Simon voiced his complaints with pouty lips. "You suck! You all suck!"

"I do." Johnny's comment earned him a smack on the arm by Timothy.

"Don't joke," Timothy warned.

"I'm only speaking the truth," Johnny defended. "Baby, stop hitting me. It shakes the camera. I'm trying to record everything."

"Lower your voice. He's going to cry louder if he hears you." Seeing Simon straightening up to leave, Timothy informed. "He's running away." Seconds after that was mentioned, Simon stumbled on a loose shoelace and fell on the floor.

Timothy ran over to him. "Are you all right?"

Simon made eye contact with Timothy and proceeded with his previous outburst. "Stupid ge. Everything he told me was a lie. He said he would fight for us, but he left instead. Is this how he's fighting for us?"

"What's he fighting for?" Timothy requested details.

"For us," Simon sobbed.

"Why would he?"

"He told me..." Simon's words were muffled by his chokes for air. "He'll fight for us, if I want to be with him."

"Do you want to be with him?" Johnny uttered.

"I do," Simon confessed. "As long as he comes back to me, I'll stay by his side. I...I love him."

"What did you say?" Johnny aimed the phone closer to him. "Could you repeat that?"

"I love him. I love ge! I want to be with him."

Timothy lifted his own phone, flipped the camera to face him, and smiled at the screen. "Did you hear that, Mr. and Mrs. Gong?  You have to keep your word."

Simon didn't hear an answer coming from Timothy's phone, since his parents were nodding their response.

"We're going to feed him and bring him home afterward, Instructor Xu."

"Thanks guys."

Hearing Jaysen's voice, Simon immediately looked up in wonderment. What's going on?