Chapter 1

Thump.

I stir in my sleep, rolling onto my side.

Thump, thump.

I let out a raspy groan, pulling a pillow over my head.

Thump.

"What the hell are you doing!" I yell. Hoping out of bed, I march across the room and swing my door open to find the maid with a broomstick in her hand.

"Sorry to disturb your peace, Mr.Green. There's a spider on the ceiling. I can't seem to get it." Martha's brown eyes are wide and her fat cheeks are flushed. She is arachnophobic. Her chest is heaving underneath her grey uniform. Shaking my head with a heavy sigh, I take the broom from her and smush the spider. I don't bother cleaning it up as I hand the broom back to her and walk to the bathroom inside my room. It's always been hard to stay upset with Martha, but her arachnophobia is really getting in the way of her work. It's the second time that's happened this week. I should probably exchange her position with another one of the helps. The waitress possibly. Flushing the toilet I wash my hands before walking down into the kitchen. Nicholas is already working hard at the stove. "Morning." I greet.

He jumps, but quickly recovers with a laugh. "Sorry, Mr.green. You scared me." He laughs again. "Good morning, Sir. I've prepared an eggbenadict to acquaint your taste, along with a beverage of your choice this morning."

"I'll just have an orange juice. Thank you." I lazily stroll into the the next room, taking a seat at the table. It's been nine days since I robbed my father. I'm not proud of the actions I made, but it was a necessity. I would never have survived under any other conditions. I've seen life through the eyes of the deficient, and I'd rather go blind. No one knew who I was, nor did they care. They handled me worse than they did their own garbage. I blame my father for putting me into such a vile postion. Never will I experience such abuse again.

"Good morning, Mr.Green." Angie greets as she walks in with my breakfast tray. I greet her as she sets it down in front of me. "Are you not going into work today, Sir?" She asks as I eat.

Wiping my moouth clean, I rely, "I've given up my position. I'm retired."

"Already, Sir? Who took it?"

"I don't know, nor do I care." I dismiss. I eat the rest of my meal in silence with Angie occasioanlly coming forth to refill my glass. The rest of my morning and afternoon is spent playing songs my guitar.

*

Sliding my brown leather jacket on, I eneter the kitchen to find all the help sitting around the island, eating their supper. "You can all go home now. I'm going out." Stalking out of the room, I grab my guitar case and keys and leave to the club.