My Kids and I: The lessons learnt from a simple cruise (CONTINUED)

.
Anastasia Mayham.

Before dad could even pull the car to a halt under the carpark shade, the huge silver doors to the mansion jolted open and just as expected, mum rushes out with her elder sister, my aunt trailing behind with worried looks on their faces.

Aunt Christine? Mum's older sister? My aunt?

Are you confused? Well, don't be.

I'll make a little introduction.

Aunt Christine is a lady in her late forty's, married for more than a decade but separated for the time being. According to mum, aunt Christine had discovered that her husband had been cheating on her with the secretary at his office and in the process, had impregnated the younger lady, so currently, herself and her estranged husband are so not on great terms. He had even moved out from the mansion, leaving only a few of his belongings hanging here and there.

Aside from being mum's only sibling and the older of them both, Aunt Christine has got two kids. Very much grown up now.

Meet Salsa, the eldest and the only daughter plus the most responsible of both children Aunt Christine has. Salsa is currently studying Business administration far away in Harvard Business school and as for Jeremy, her immediate younger brother has been studying Law (so I was told) at the University of Lagos, for more than eight years. (That really puzzles me because I'd already hit up Google and the years allotted to Law should actually be lesser than eight) and of course, it's pretty clear he's the least responsible.

I'm yet to meet him one-on-one though.

"Sweetheart," Mum says in slight panic and rushing into dad's wide open arms, they lock in a warm embrace. "Anastasia" She then says after disengaging from dad and plants a peck on my cheek.

"What took you both so long? Why were you not taking my phone calls? Why did you not allow the driver drive you around? Why did you have to drive the car yourself?!"

And her caring yet bratty side finally unveils.

I don't think I will be patient enough to stand questioning right now.

"Mum, I gotta go in and take a nap. I'm tired already. My muscles are aching, my legs are almost falling off and my eyes? They are hurting badly and I do not think my ears can withstand any more stress" I say in one breath, watching mum's face transform into that of surprise.

She has every right to be since I'd never spoken to her in that manner before.

I resist the urge to cry, clenching my fists, unclenching them thereafter and looking anywhere else but mum.

Clutching my purse to myself, I sniffle back a tear threatening to spill and slowly walk past her and in likewise ways, I do just thesame to Aunt Christine who had her arms crossed over the other.  Thankfully no one went after me.