Part Ten

*A/N*: Before I head into the chapter, I'd like to mention that this story took an immense amount of time to publish this update while I had so many things going on and I simply couldn't get to write more and edit all of it better. But here is the final part... (Excuse any errors you may encounter further on...)

Thank you, and happy reading! Don't forget to vote for my chapters. I appreciate it so much.<3

----------//----------

I clutched my cup of hot chocolate with a trembling hand. I had no idea where I was going, where I should have been going, nor how to get to wherever I had to go. All I knew was that I had to find Jaston, tell him all that was going on, what I had been thinking for the past couple months, catch up with him, tell him I'm sorry, hug him... But I wasn't thinking of professing my love for him (not that there was any love more than a friend), and I wasn't thinking of kissing him as an apology. We'd stay friends, good friends at that.

"Jaston, where are you, goddammit!" I muttered to myself. A few glances were directed at me. I didn't mind the stares. I peered down at my phone in my hand. A conversation with Jaston was open. I had sent a message to Jaston for the first time since he left, telling him to come meet me at the train station. I would've set the location at our usual cafe, but the courage never came and I wimped out at the last second.

I turned to see a bench and then realized how tired my legs were. Holding my wrist out in front of me, close to my face, I saw the time on my watch read 4:09pm. I had been standing in that same spot for three hours.

"Busy day, eh?" Said the man next to me as I sat. His voice was rough and quick. I almost didn't catch what he said because of how fast he talked over the chitter of the crowd. I looked around to see who the man could've been talking to but no one else was sitting on the bench besides me and everyone else was either walking or running about. I looked at him, his face shrouded by the shadow of his baseball cap in the gloomy ambiance of the station. Yankees. I saw a light stubble on his face however, and his posture was a little poor, seeing how he was slumped on the bench. He wore a dark grey long-sleeved shirt, grey jeans, and tethered white Converse's, although they were piebald with dirt stains.

"Very busy," I said with a sigh. "I'm not too fond of crowded places, actually."

"Me neither. In fact, I have agoraphobia. I'm sweating so much, I'm basically swimming in my pants." The man cleared his throat and looked down. I didn't say anything, but then the man spoke again. "Today is the first time I've left my house for a long time."

"How long?" I asked, slightly afraid I might have been proding. But the man simply snickered.

"I don't even remember. But what I do remember are the times I actually was outside. Those were one of the best times of my life. At least, I had thought so."

The man spoke in his low and quick voice as if rushing through a story he didn't want to tell. It reminded me of Felix and it made me smile. Felix talked a lot, he always had something to say... It reminded me of when we first met face-to-face, actually. In the cafe. A lot of things happened in the cafe. I had my first kiss from a guy in there... Unfortunately, it had been Jaston's lips that had touched my own. But Felix... his kiss surpassed any other, and it wasn't even in the cafe. I felt my fingers brisk along my lip in reminisce and I sighed.

"What's the matter, champ? Waiting for someone?" The man with the Yankees hat spoke once more. I turned to him.

"Yeah, I'm waiting for someone..." I frowned. Three freaking hours.

"Patience pays off at times, you know?" He chuckled lightly, as if reading my mind.

"Yeah, I know."

"If it makes you feel better," I heard the man shift in his seat. "I'm waiting for someone too. I've been here for eight hours"

I paused and looked at him in bewilderment. "T-That'd mean--"

"Yeah, I've been here since the morning."

"Who are you waiting for?"

"Just an old friend. What about you? You're young. Do you have a girlfriend or a lover that you're waiting for?"

"I have a... partner, but they're not who I'm waiting for," I laughed lightly, thinking of Felix. My smile faded when I remembered who I was waiting for.

"I see." And it was silent once more. Other than the uproar of the crowd, I heard the man breathe deeply. It was like he was pondering on something, waiting to say something. Minutes ticked by without a sole word from either of us.

Then, finally, he said something.

He cleared his throat. "Cry, it was nice talking to you, but I reckon I should take my leave."

My mouth hung open and my heart began to race. How'd he know my name--? O-Oh my God, I thought, my mouth beoming dry and my eyes welling up with tears. It couldn't be...

"You're hear to replenish something lost, but I'm afraid we won't be able to procure it. It's gone," His familiar mouth uttered. The shadow cast on the his face began to ebb away.

"I'm here to say I'm sorry. Sorry for what happened at the cafe..." I heard him choke back a sob. "But I don't think I could deal with the guilt much longer, friend. I simply cannot. Especially when the one you truly love has to take all your time away. That's something called jealousy, and I wouldn't want to have you feel responsible for it nor hate me for it. I want you to be happy. That's all I want."

Hot tears kissed my cheeks.

"The longer we prolong this, the sadder it will be. I think it's better this way, and I bet you think the same way." The guy concluded his thoughts. I drew a hand to my mouth and shut my eyes tight, making more tears leak down my face. I was trembling, speechless.

"Bye, Cry," He whispered above the noise of the crowd.

"See you never, Jaston," I replied, after he was long gone.