"I know." She murmured.

We wandered into the living room that had been decorated for gift unwrapping and lots of fun. I'm sure Otanawa will spend hours playing with the boxes rather than the toys she was getting. It's always the way, we'd buy something cute or fun, and she'd be more interested in the packaging.

When Otanawa saw the room, her eyes lit up.

"Boons." She said eagerly as she struggled to get out of my arms.

I'd spent about an hour blowing up pink balloons. They were hanging everywhere with string garlands. More balloons were on the floor, Otanawa rushed to the nearest one and tossed it up into the air. Making her way through the pile, she laughed as she had a great time. Then she stopped, spying the table of brightly wrapped presents.

True to the way that Nisha was, she'd wrapped them with perfection and tied them up in bows that were artful and pretty. Balloons dropped to the floor, and the fascinated child stared.

Hearing us make our way through the balloons, Otanawa looked at us. Bright eyed and full of hope.

"Not yet."

Otanawa looked like she was ready to protest. Instead, her head lifted, and her eyes widened. She had incredible hearing, always telling us when someone was walking to the door, always hearing things she shouldn't.

When the door opened, Otanawa screeched with happiness. Then the small army of children ran into the place. I don't know how those two do it, but somehow, Alaric and Emme managed. Nisha said that it was their crazy need to have a big family. Alaric wanted his parents and his childhood back, and Emmeline wanted siblings and parents. They couldn't have any of those things, so they compensated through having a large family. I'd not said anything to Nisha, unsure of how she would react but I've noticed that Emmeline's clothes have been looser of late. I have remained quiet about having a child, knowing that Nisha needed to adjust to Otanawa before taking the next step. There was no rush; we had a very long time to get the job done.

Silas was next through the door, his arms loaded with gifts. Ilsen was behind him; his arms were full of files. I frowned, wondering why a first birthday party was turning into a meeting.

"Looks like there have been developments." Nisha murmured.

"It can wait until after the presents," Alaric said as he walked to us. "I'm sure there will be protests if she has to wait."

Otanawa was already at his feet with her arms in the air, jiggling her protest because she was being ignored. Alaric picked her up, Otanawa pulled on the lace overlay to show him.

"Very nice."

With everyone moving into the room, Nisha settled herself at the end of the table on the floor. Realizing that she'd get to open the gifts, Otanawa wanted down.

"Well, that was short-lived," Alaric grumbled, sitting on the lounge.

She'd watched with quiet curiosity when it was Nava's first birthday, unsure of why it was happening and eager for her own turn. Now that it was that turn, she was one happy little miss.

Wrapping paper went everywhere; her excitement had grown. When the present was exposed, Otanawa looked at it.

"Baby?" She asked, turning to Nisha.

"Yes, it is a baby. Not sure why you need it but who knows what strange things lurk in my brother's mind."

"It's too quiet in this house."