Half a Man

"I keep staring at this picture of you where you've got concentration written all over your face, but to me, it looks a little like sadness," You speak slowly into your phone, "I sometimes wonder if you were staring at old photos of us and wondering where exactly things went wrong. Whether it was when you didn't call me for weeks when you were on tour. Or when that photo of you and Lauren came out online. Or when I tore you to shreds begging for it not to be true, only to see the look on your face. You didn't admit it, yet you didn't deny it. You just didn't say anything and instead walked away. You walked away physically but even I don't know who the one was to call it quits. It just felt like a diverge in paths and we weren't on the same one." You sob slightly into the phone, "I had loved you and you broke my heart." The phone beeps signalling your voice message had finished and you wipe your tears on the sleeve of your grey jumper. His grey jumper. Is it wrong to still want someone who hurt You? Your phone beeps and the name makes your heart leap.
To: Y/N
I'm so sorry. If I was half a man, I would have jumped the gap between our paths to walk with you in yours, but I'm an idiot. 

My heart broke too.

From: Brad