Chapter 12: New Clothes (Collin)

Start from the beginning

The boy let out a shaky breath. "I don't know if I can."

I clasped his chin and brushed my thumb across his lips. His eyes met mine.

"You're not like anyone I've ever met. When I imagined my mate, I thought of someone strong and most likely a female. You're changing that."

Milo shook his head. "That one lady really likes you. You'd be better off with a werewolf of her rank."

"I'm tired of rank." I moved my hand to his shoulder. "Everyone wants to be a dominant. I'd rather be a middle rank. I get to have a simple life. There be no expectations to meet. I wouldn't have people constantly challenging me, either. I can't change my rank, but I'd be okay if my pups didn't have to live with all this pressure on them to be constantly proving themselves to the pack." I let out a deep breath and went to sit on the couch. "Maybe it just because of my mandatory training I have coming up in a couple weeks but I'm tired of ranks." I fixed my rob.

Milo wrapped his own around him to cover to his chest.

"You're honest." I rested my arm along the back of the couch. "You're not trying to get with me simply because of my position. If you were, you would have been thrilled at the thought of being my mate rather than trying to talk me out it."

"I'm a man," he whispered.

"Subs are far more beautiful than most female werewolves. They are a unique breed and every time I look at you, something tells me you'll be stunning. "

He stood really still, holding his arm.

I rose to my feet and went to him. Grabbing his shoulders, I lowered my head to his level. "Can I kiss you?"

"If you want"—he swallowed hard—"sir."

With a deep breath, I shook my head. "Let's make a deal."

Milo peered up at me. "Sir?"

"You get to decide. This is something very serious for my kind and I'm not going to do anything that you're not ready for. So, I'll wait." I patted his head. "I have some work to do." Changing forms, I headed for the door.

"Um, sir?"

"Yes?"

"What do you want me to do?"

I rubbed my muzzle and shrugged. "I want you to rest and if you're not tired, the remote on my nightstand works the TV. Watch whatever you want."

"What about work?"

"Your collar broke when I took it off. You can't be wandering around without it so until I order a new one you'll have to stay with me."

Milo nodded. "Yes, sir."

I opened the door. "Oh and Milo."

His eyes flicked up for a moment before snapping back to the floor.

"If you want to give me a kiss"—I gave him a smirk—"you have my permission."

Milo's face flushed red.

"I'll be back soon. I'll have someone bring you up something to eat." I closed the door and leaned against it and stared at the ceiling.

Was I really trying to convince a slave to be my mate? Nodding to myself, I started down the hall. Yes, I was and I couldn't stop my mind from wandering to how beautiful Milo was going to look covered in fur.

***

(Milo)

The door closed. I dropped to the ground and covered my mouth. Did the young master actually mean that? No, he had to be joking. I told him, and it had to be in my file, that my blood wasn't very good. The idea of anyone wanting me as a mate was comical. Collin had to be joking.

My hand went to the necklace. It wasn't my place to call out the young master for lying, but the collar was not broken. Climbing onto the bed, I picked up the metal band and connected the two sides. It went together fine but it needed Collin's fingerprint to lock.

If he were serious, it would make sense why he didn't want me to leave his room. Werewolves were on the protective side and the people in this house hadn't been the kindest to me. I crawled up to the top of the bed. I used the robe as a blanket and tried to comprehend what was happening.

Collin had asked to kiss me. I tapped my fingers on my lips. I said he could. He was my master so Collin could do whatever he wanted with me. I smiled to myself. He had given the choice to me. I'd never got to decide anything for myself before, nothing major, at least.

Lifting myself up, I examined the remote sitting on the nightstand. There were so many buttons. I settled back into the mattress. My head still hurt a little. I wasn't going to let Collin know because he'd freak out, but maybe I could use some more rest. It wasn't like I had any other options as it seemed, for the time being, I wasn't going to be allowed to leave this room.