She turns on the lights. "SURPRISE!!", we yell in unison.

Shen Yue smiles warmly as she takes in the decoration around the room.

"Oh my gosh", she gasps.

"Wow Yue, you really are loved here in America", the man says and puts a hand on her shoulder.

"I guess I am", she says.

"Bà, this Willa , my nanny basically my best friend ", she introduces Willa.

Willa extended her hand. "Hello , Mr.Shen", she says.

Shen Yue's father takes her hand in his. "Nice to meet you, thank you for being in my daughters life"

"Don't have to thank me I love her and this little boy", Willa squeezes Shen Jay's cheeks and Shen Jay groans.

"Bà , officially meet , your grandson , my son, Shen Jay", Shen Yue introduces him to Jay.

Shen Jay runs to his grandfather and hugs him tightly.

Was this their first time seeing each other in person?

Why didn't she tell us about her dad coming , I didn't mind but a warning would've been nice , what am I supposed to say.. "hey... I crash landed and basically a creature from a different world"

"This Dylan Wang , he's my-", she begins saying but I butt in.

"I'm her boyfriend", I say.

Shen Yue eyes widen. I extended my hand and he shakes it.

"Boyfriend ?", he asks.

"You know a friend that's a boy, that's what I am", I quickly explained.

I forgot that boyfriend here didn't actually mean a friend that was a boy but a term to refer to your lover.

"Ahh, nice to meet you, Dylan", he says.

~

Soon after we all begin speaking and laughing. We all ate a nice meal I cooked for Shen Yue and sang happy birthday and now we were eating cake.

I got along with her father just fine. "You cook?", her father asks me.

I nod. "Yes sir"

"Your very well mannered, young man, don't see that now in days", he tells me and pats my back.

"I wouldn't mind having you as my future son in law", he mumbles but I still manage to hear him.

Shen Yue eyes widen and I only laughed. Shen Jay wanted us together and now her father?

"Bà", Shen Yue whispers to him.

"Yue, you know I've always spoke my mind", he tells her and finishes eating his cake.

"That's nice , I didn't always do it but when I got older I started to", I say.

"If you don't people push you around , it's always nice to not bottle things , because then it all ends up bottled up and you end up closing yourself off to the world"

I nod. "I agree", I say.

"It was nice meeting you all , I'm tired from the flight , I think I'll rest now", he gets up and yawns.

"Happy birthday , sweet girl", He tells Shen Yue.

Shen Yue tenses when at the word sweet girl and I'm left wondering why but don't ask.

He quickly hugs her and waves at us goodbye and leaves to the other guest room , I assume he was going to stay at.

"I'm leaving too", Willa says.

We all say our goodbyes to her and she leaves too.

Shen Jay is peacefully sleeping on the couch. "Hey Moon, I got a present for you, think I can give to you, I'll tuck Jay in bed for you , you seem exhausted"

She yawns. "You're too good to me"

I pick Jay up and go tuck him in and afterwards help her pick up in the living room.

Afterward when it's all clean we both sat in the living room.

"This for you", I say and hand her the necklace I had made with my mom's pendant.

"Wow... I don't know what to say", she's left in awe.

"It was my mother's", I begin saying.

"I can't possibly take this , it must be special to you", she tries giving the necklace back.

I shake my head and put it in the palm of her hand again.

"My mother gave this to me on her death bed and she said "give to a woman you either love or look up to" , I repeat the words my mother said to me that night.

Shen Yue only looks at me meaning to go on.

"I look up to you, in a way you remind me a lot of my mother , she was gentle and sweet like you, and selfless and I want you to have this as a reminder that I think your a warrior and a great mother and you deserve this and more", I say.

Shen Yue was wiping a few tears that slipped. "You're so sweet ,Dylan Wang"

"Can I put it on you", I ask her and she nods.

I put the necklace on and she looks at and holds the pendant in her hand.

She looks up and our eyes meet. "I'll cherish this gift forever and always, thank you for today", she thanks me.

She stands up and I do too.

Her small figure hugs me and tight. I relax in the hug and breathe in her scent.

This woman was starting to stir things in me and I had no idea what to think about it.

Idk if it's too quick but all I gotta say is Dyshen fluff and I love it.

Thank you so much for reading

Dedication , it's almost two am and I wrote two whole chapters because I'm so thankful for almost 1k reads

All the love ,Ella