Chapter 11: Beacon

P.O.V. Third

Ozpin sighed as he looked at the paper in front of him. It had been almost ten years since King and his group had disappeared. Ozpin and many other had just assumed that he had died, they weren't sure who or what would be powerful enough to defeat someone as powerful as him but it never hurt to be optimistic. However he had received something that changed his mind in a matter of seconds.

One of the many applications he had received this year had been from a male that seemed to fit King's exact description. White hair, bright vivid purple eyes, incredibly pale skin, the picture that had been submitted even seemed to resemble him to some extent. So of course Ozpin was taking a few precautions when it came to letting him into the school. He had invited the male into Beacon so that he could speak to him personally, with several members of the staff on stand by just in case things got out of hand.

He closed his eyes as he continued to wait for the male to arrive. However it seemed as if he didn't need to wait that long as a knocking on the door could be heard shortly after. "Come in," Ozpin said as he looked at the door in front of him. As soon as he said this the door opened and King walked into the room. It seemed like his ten years of hiding had been rather kind to him.

While nothing about him had changed to any drastic extent he had grown several feet standing nearly 191 centimeters tall with a rather deceptive build that made him look frail and fragile until someone got close enough to see otherwise. However a subtle difference that many wouldn't notice is that his eyes seemed brighter than before, almost as if they were now radiating power.

"Take a seat," Ozpin said still trying to act formal as he looked at the male in front of him. King without saying a word sat in the seat across from him. The two stayed quiet for several minutes before either of them spoke and as it turned out the first to do so would be Ozpin. "So may I ask what you're doing here?" Ozpin asked as he looked at the male in front of him.

"You told me you wanted to speak with me," King said as he looked at the male in front of him clearly playing coy.

"I meant why you're here in Vale," Ozpin said as he looked at the male in front of him.

"Why wouldn't I be? I've lived here for almost ten years now," King said as he looked at the male in front of him causing Ozpin to tense up. He had been in Vale for ten years? Was he really not that observant? That someone who should have been considered a high-level threat had managed to stay in Vale undetected for nearly ten years. Ozpin then sighed and looked at the male in front of him, leaning forward slightly.

"How do I know you're really King?" Ozpin asked as he looked at the male in front of him. King smiled slightly hearing this, it seems like even Ozpin believed those rumors that were circulating around him.

"I can assure you," King said as he raised his hand causing it to become covered in grimm-armor. "I'm the genuine article, not some cheap imitation," King said as his armor disappeared and he lowered his hand. Ozpin tensed up seeing this and looked at him, if he was someone who was just pretended to be King then he had to admit whatever he did to do the grimm armor trick must have taken a lot of practice and preparation to do without leaving any sign behind that he was using outside sources to do so.

However Ozpin found the first option that this was indeed King to be far more likely. "So, I hope you don't mind if I ask why you're here at Beacon. You can't really expect me to believe that you just happened to have a sudden change of heart can you?" Ozpin asked as he looked at the male in front of him. After all he had made that mistake once before, he wasn't going to make it again.

"No you're right, I'm still just as evil as that day in Atlas. However I wanted to join Beacon for a very particular reason, and I think this might be the only school that has all the necessary equipment for me to do so," King said as he looked at the elder male in front of him.