Chapter 1: Tamer

P.O.V. Third

"For now there's something I want you to do," Salem said as she looked at the male in front of her. When she said this King looked up at the female waiting for what she could possibly want him to do. "I want you to learn how to tame grimm," Salem said as she looked at the young male in front of her. 

King looked at the female both shocked and confused hearing this. "You can do that?" King asked as he looked at the female in front of him. Salem nodded hearing this and looked at the male. 

"Grimm despite what people think are weak creatures that are easily controlled once you know what you're doing. So I'd like you to learn how to tame and control these creature to use them not only to your advantage but mine as well," The female said as she looked at the male in front of her. 

"Now follow me and we'll begin right away," Salem said as she looked at the male in front of her. King nodded hearing this and began to follow his mother out of the room and once again began to walk down the halls of the building they were in. 

As they did King noticed that they were walking to the entrance of the building and the two stopped at the door. Salem then turned to look at the child in front of her and King stared up at his mother nervously. "I'm sure you've noticed the baleful presence surrounding this place, this attracts Grimm so go outside and I'm sure you'll find several Grimm, tame one of your choosing. Once you return with a grimm that has submitted itself to you then we can move on with our next task," Salem said as she turned and began to walk away from the male. 

King watched the female walk down the halls until she faded from sight. When she did King turned his attention to the door and slowly opened it and looked around outside. He hadn't paid much attention to the area before as he had been so distracted by the fact that he had reunited with his mother that he didn't take any of the surrounding features in. 

As King looked around he noticed that there were several pure black rocks that came from the ground in unusual shapes being either perfectly angled and sharp or just slightly jagged. King then began to walk around and heard crunching beneath his feet. When he looked down he saw several small rocks like the ones that were surrounding him under his feet. 

It seemed as if this entire domain of hers was composed of this strange black rock. King shook his head to rid himself of these thoughts and began to walk away from the building hoping to find some form of Grimm. 

The male continued looking for some form of grimm not finding any to his disappointment. The male then found a small section that appeared to be different than what he had seen so far. An area with a large rock that was pure white and seemed to be going into the ground. 

King sighed as he leaned against the rock and began to look around for grimm. King thought that it may have been possible his walking was somehow alerting the grimm and scaring them away. So now he was hoping that by staying still some grimm would come to him. 

However as the male waited he failed to notice that the rock he was leaning on had an unusual design to it. King sighed as he leaned even more on the rock and then suddenly felt the ground beneath him begin to rumble and crack. King looked around confused by this before he suddenly realized where the source of this sudden earthquake was coming from and stepped away from the rock he had been leaning against. 

When he did the rock began to move as cracks split open revealing a large serpent-like creature. King stared at the creature in slight shock and awe of the beast before him. It was easily larger than anything he had seen before, and while king couldn't say for certain the creature looked almost as big as the palace his mother lived in. 

Its scales seemed to be made out of the same type of armor that the grimm grew on them, these scales covered the creature body except for a large crest in the shape of crown on the creatures head. It also kept the traditional red eyes that Grimm had, however King noticed that it's eyes seemed more fierce and powerful than others he had seen. The large creature then slowly opened its mouth revealing several large fangs in it's mouth that had a strange liquid surrounding its teeth.