5 | Player's Prayer

Sorry for the waittttt, I know I know, I don't even have an excuse. Just hope y'all enjoy, and God bless.

5 | Player's Prayer

Challen Mitchell

"Now what am I supposed to do, when I want you in my world." I sang as I helped my mother clean the kitchen for dinner tonight.

I didn't have anything else to do, and my mom was actually kinda cool to be around when she wasn't getting on my back.

"Whatchu know about that?"

"You say that like I'm twelve mom." I laughed rolling my eyes. She was extra sometimes.

"You act like it."

"Just cause you don't approve, doesn't mean I don't act my age. We're just different."

She huffed. "I don't even wanna upset myself."

"Please don't, and please leave me some leftovers."

Her face screwed up even more. "Leftovers? You're not staying for dinner?"

"Not tonight, going out."

"With him?"

My eyes rolled to the back of my head. "Yes with him, act like you know his name momma, he does cut most of your husbands' checks, stop acting like that."

With that, I made my way out of the kitchen and upstairs to my bedroom.

Yes I completely understood as a mother her concern, but she was acting like I brought Matthew into our lives, when in reality it was her husband Warren that had introduced us.

It was also her husband Warren, and her, who benefited from the checks that Matthew consistently wrote every other Friday.

So I understood, but then again I didn't. Matthew had been a blessing in disguise for everyone.

When I got to my bedroom, I walked into my bathroom and turned on my shower so it could heat up.

How did I wanna do my hair, and what was I gonna wear? I thought as I stepped into my closet, which was full of clothes that Matthew had bought for me.

"All F's on me like a dumbass?" I sighed, focusing my glance on a Fendi dress that was calling my name. I had booties to match too, and a new camel colored pea coat.

Now that I had my outfit, I plugged my phone up to my Bluetooth so I could start getting ready.

Even though I was dating a white man, and had to carry myself a certain way, I was still born and raised in New York, and before Warren had came, we were living in Harlem, and you could never take the city out of me.

"Bitch it's the baby what you heard about me? I put that nigga up now niggas acting nervous 'round me." I stood in the mirror watching myself, throwing around my little booty that I had.