Nine

Dan, Phil, and even Jace had tried countless times to convince Mr. Grey that there was no way they could all possibly work on this project together, but it was useless.

  This was proabably the worst thing that could happent to the three of them, especially with the situation they were in. They would just have to deal with the sexual tension, and all the other tension that was sure to be surrounding them for the next few weeks.

It was as if Fate and Destiny had come together and decided that fucking things up was the best thing to do at this exact moment. Well, Dan couldn't disagree any more.

  So they weres stuck together, whether they liked it or not.

  "Is there any way I could just, like, not participate in this?" Dan asked Jace a few days later, sprawled out face down across his bed with his word muffled by his pillows. "I'd rather have a bad grade then face this."

  Jace twirled aimlessly in the desk chair on the other side of the room, his legs pulled up onto the seat. "You can't just run away from it." He said." Then you're just showing Phil, you can't handle it."

  "But I can't handle it!" Dan exclaimed. "That's the whole point. I am not going to survive this, whether he kills me, or the tension and stress does, or I kill myself. I am not walking out of this alive."

  Jace stopped spinning in the chair. "You're not the only victim here, you know." He said. "I'm pretty sure he's not gonna be too happy to see me."

  Dan rolled over onto his back and stared up at the ceiling. "I know, I'm sorry. I'm only thinking about myself."

  He just hated being in this situation. With Phil hating his guts, and now having to do this stupid project with him and Jace. Two months, he would never have believed his life would turn into some sort of soap opera drama.

  But being completely honest with himself, he deserved ever second of it. For everything he had done, to Phil and himself. He'd thought before, that seeing Phil with his new boyfriend was his punishement, but apparently, karma wasn't through with him just yet.

  "Have you seen him with that Ely guy anymore?" Dan asked randomly, his stomach churning at the thought of them together.

  Jace resumed his spinning, with a faint smile on his lips. "A few times." He said. "But they don't seem all that invested in each other, if that makes you feel any better."

  Dan glanced over at him, a small shoot of hope going through him. "What do you mean by that?" He asked.

  "I mean, the times I have seen them, they don't really seem like they're 'going out'. If it weren't for all the kissing, I would think they were just friends."

  Dan groaned. "I don't want to know about their 'kissing'."

  "Ely seems like a great kisser."

  "Could you stop fantasizing about Phil's boyfriend and worry about me?"

  Jace paused again, letting his feet hit the ground and starinf at his legs quietly. "That's all I've been doing these last few weeks, is worry about you." He said, and Dan didn't miss the slightly irritated tone in his voice. "I can barely walk down the street without you moaning about Phil and his new boy toy, or about how hard your life is now because you fucked everything up. I have a life too, you know, and sometimes I wonder if you'll ever get yours back on track, because all this worrying about whether or not you'll get Phil back is just a waste of time, really."

  He sighed. "I'm sorry, I'm not angry at you, I just....sometimes, you're a bit too demanding."

  Dan didn't say anything for a while, but turned over onto his side, facing away from Jace. "I didn't realize...you don't have to stay, if you don't want to."