~~part 1~~

Life was pointless to him. It wasn't because his mother hated him, or he had a bad life, or no one loved him. But maybe because he didn't have anyone to love; no one to share his problems with, no one to talk to when he was sad, no one to rant to about his father leaving, no one to love him the way he wanted and needed to be loved.

Gustav just stood in the mirror, staring into his own deep brown eyes. He had on pink jeans, a blue belt, black socks, orange Gucci slides, and a sky blue see-through shirt (which would most likely be shamed upon at school, but he didn't care).

He fixed his pink and black hair to sloppily part down the middle. He swallowed the saliva that accumulated in the back of his mouth. Gus looked at his tattoos, his nose ring, and looked at his iced out teeth. He hated the fact that he was considered "emo"; he eschewed the cliques at his school.

But Gus felt like he couldn't be identified as any of them.

His door opened and his mother stood there. "Ready?" He didn't respond but pushed past her and grabbed his Adidas bag on the way out. "Someone's in a mood."

Gustav grabbed a Monster from the fridge and a bagel from the pantry across the kitchen. Gus spat his iced teeth out and put them in his pocket. He bit the bagel where he could hold it in his mouth as he looked out the back door. He took it out of his mouth with a bite taken out of it. He opened the can of Monster with his teeth.

He took a swig of the energy drink, not that it would help his energy or mood. He saw it was pouring rain. "Do I need to drive you to school?"

He didn't answer, just kept eating and drinking his "breakfast".

"Gustav Elijah Åhr. Answer me." He turned and Liza, his mother, expected him to answer but he didn't and just walked out the front door, finishing his bagel but still working on finishing his Monster. "You're gonna have to walk to school if you shut that door!"

He shut the door and stood on the porch, staring at the rain. The rain made him think of all the times he cried, even over the littlest things. Gus swallowed his saliva once again. He took the last swig of the Monster and crushed the can with his foot. He took his cigarettes out of his jeans pocket.

Gus pulled his lighter from his opposite pocket and lit his cigarette. He examined his lighter. It was light pink with black writing on it; his mother had written My little peep on it with a heart.

He put it back in his pocket where he could finish smoking. Before going back into the house, he put his iced teeth back in with a small sigh.

_____________________________________________

Author's Note--

Okay, short but I hope for this book to last at least 10 chapters but no promises. Next chapters will be longer I promise!

                       --- XOXO, d a y  d r e a m e r