Revelation: Bitten

We decide to wait for Chris and the Stranger to get back with Josh before we go to the basement. So that we can keep all the doors locked at all times. When Ashley comes back she is upset but holding it together. I smile over to her, "Ash, Chris is gonna be fine. He and the weird guy are gonna go get Josh and they'll be back in no time."

"Who do you think that guy is anyway?" Mike looks around.

"I don't know." I shrug, "Maybe he's the guy they looked into after Beth and Hannah went missing? I know there was a voicemail on the machine saying that they couldn't' restrict someone's movements, maybe they were talking about him."

"Then why would he be helping us if he was responsible for Hannah and Beth?" Emily shakes her head.

"Maybe he is trying to make it up to us?" Sam shrugs.

"Or he was trying to protect them and something went wrong." I glance around, "maybe he was telling the truth about the Wendigos. Maybe that's what Emily saw."

Before long we hear Chris shouting and banging on the back door, "Let me in!" Ashley jumps up and runs to the door, returning shortly with Chris. Chris looks out of breath and terrified.

"Oh, my God!" Emily jumps up, "Thank God!"

"What took you so long?" Sam walks over to Ashley and Chris.

"It's not so good up there right now." Chris shakes his head.

"Understatement of the night." Mike chuckles.

"Try the year." I sigh.

Sam looks back to the back door, "Chris, where's the flamethrower guy?"

"Ah, yeah," Chris clears his throat, "He uh..."

"He didn't make it?!" Ashley questions.

"Oh NO!" Emily covers her mouth.

"What happened?" I step toward Chris.

"The thing," Chris shakes his head, "It... it.. Tore him apart! Right in front of me!"

"Oh God..."

"Alright." Mike nods, "Are all the doors locked?" He looks around.

Sam nods, "Yeah."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, why?"

"We need another way out."

"Mike..." I sigh, "I really don't think it's the best idea to leave. We should stay put, right here, until dawn. At least we're safe here."

"Oh? Yeah? All wrapped like a little present with a bow on top for that thing to tear us apart on Christmas morning?"

"People will come for us. In the morning."

"You don't sound so sure."

"That's what'll happen, right Em?"

"Yeah..." Emily nods, "I mean... right?"

"Well, you can wait, I'm leaving!" Mike heads toward the door.

"Mike, there's no key for the cable car..."

"Josh. He's gotta have it."

I shake my head, "Josh?"

"One of his dirty little tricks."

"Great. Great!"

"If that fucking thing got a hold of Josh, then... we're shit outta luck."

"It wouldn't have it you guys would have just tied him up in the basement."

"Well, we didn't so get over it!" Mike shouts.