003

Y/N POV

"Y/N!" Seonghwa comes storming through the front door and into my room.

"Shut up. He needs his rest." I take a damp cloth and rest it on Mingi's forehead.

"H-how do you know him?" Seonghwa sits on the other side of the room.

"I don't. I found him in an alley and helped him. Then those bastards showed up." Bitterness drenched my voice.

"Who? What bastards?"

"EXO was after him for some reason. I don't know why."

"Y/N, are you hurt?" Seonghwa walks towards me. I simply wave him down and he sits back down.

"I'm fine. I took care of Mingi first then myself. I've been watching over him."

"I can watch him. Go get some rest." Seonghwa tries to lift me from the bed. Slightly pushing him away I stay next to Mingi.

"No, I'm fine. I don't want him to wake up and freak out with a stranger watching him."

"Y/N, you are a stranger." Seonghwa points out.

"It's fine. I can stay with him." I smile at Seonghwa who sighs and rolls his eyes.

"Fine. Just be careful. But do you know how worried I was last night? You were suppose to come back, but you didn't show up. I called Shownu and he said you left already. I had to track your phone to make sure you weren't dead."

"I'm sorry Hwa, but I couldn't just leave him."

"Whatever. Have you thought about what I said yesterday? Are you willing to help?"

"I'm not sure. I have more important things to focus on right now. We can start planning tomorrow if you want."

"Okay. Just make sure you show up tomorrow at 8." The two of you exchange goodbyes before Seonghwa hesitantly leaves.

Seonghwa's POV

"Hello?"

"Hi. Mingi's fine. Y/N is taking care of him. I tried getting him out, but she didn't let me."

"Just don't let her know anything. We've kept it a secret this long, we can wait a little longer."

"Understood. I'll stop by later. Do a better job of watching her. You've done it for almost five years."

"She's not my sister so it doesn't matter to me really."

"Bye Yeosang."

"Bye Seonghwa."

He ends the call and sighs. Seonghwa looks back at the apartment and slightly shakes his head.

You're risking a lot right now, Mingi. If she finds out today we're all dead. Don't screw up. That's all I'm asking you.

Y/N POV

As exhaustion takes over I decide to lay on the other side of the bed, next to Mingi. Just as I'm falling asleep someone snakes their arms around my waist.

Next Morning

Enjoying the warmth, I move closer to the source. I hear a chuckle and the sleep drains from me immediately.

I freeze when I feel a bare chest against my face and arms around my waist. Sitting up quickly, pain shoot through my body.

"Aaahh!" Instead of grabbing my leg or shoulder, I grab the bedsheets and clench my jaw.

"Y/N! Are you okay?" A worried Mingi lightly places a hand on my thigh.

"I'm fine. How are you feeling?" I push the pain away and focus on him.

"Like shit. I smell like it too." He chuckles as I help him up.

"Then go and take a shower." I limp out of bed trying to hide any signs of pain.

"I don't have clothes to change into." Mingi leans against the head board.

"Let me see what I have."

I take a shower first and change into a white tank top and black sweats. I told Mingi to yell if he needs any help while taking a bath as I head into the kitchen to start cooking.

"Y/N! I need your help!" Setting the food aside quickly, I make my way to the bathroom.

"What do you need with?" Mingi smiles at me shyly. My first thought is 'cute'.

"Wash my hair please?" I roll my eyes at the small request. Nonetheless, I agree and help him wash his hair.

"The only extra clothes are my brothers. Sorry."

"Brother? You have a brother?" I massage and work the shampoo through Mingi's hair.

"Did. He left me five years ago and never came to get me like he said." I say bitterly with sadness dripping from my voice.

"But I have Seonghwa. The clothes belong to him. He's a childhood friend so he's like a brother to me." Taking the shower head, I begin rinsing the shampoo from Mingi's hair.

"Does he treat you well?" Mingi says in a quiet voice.

"Sometimes. Other times I feel like he's just using me. But hurry up. I'm cooking breakfast." I help Mingi out of the bathtub, but leave the rest for him.

Mingi's POV

They're gonna kill me if they find out. If San finds out I put her in danger. . . he's going to kill me first.

Mingi changes as fast as his wounded body let's him. He can't put on the sweatshirt Y/N gave him because he can't lift his arms.

As he walks into the kitchen he sees you cooking while dancing to View by SHINee.

"Y/N~ I need help with my sweatshirt~. I can't lift my arms high enough."

"Oh, I'm sorry I forgot. I can go grab you a button up after breakfast. Now sit down." Mingi quickly sits down at the table.

Mingi watches Y/N as she dances around the kitchen. His eyes never leave her.

"Breakfast is served!" Y/N places a bowl of rice, soup, sunny side eggs, steamed buns, a glass of orange juice, fried lettuce and pork on the table. But it's only placed for one person. Y/N goes back and brings two pieces of avocado toast and sets it in front of herself.

"Why aren't you eating the same thing as me?" Mingi pouts slightly.

"You need more nutrition right now. So stop complaining or I can just give you an IV bag and make u take a bunch of vitamins." Mingi shakes his head and quickly begins eating, wondering how she would even have an IV bag in the first place.

"Mmmm! This is delicious Y/N! Thank you!" Mingi smiles with his mouth full of rice and pork.

"You're so cute~!" Y/N giggles at Mingi as she eats her toast. Mingi pouts and stops eating. She looks at Mingi confused.

"Why did you stop eating? Do you not like the food?" Y/N gets up and sits beside Mingi. She leans in to examine his face and he blushes at the closeness.

"I feel bad for having you make me breakfast."

"It's fine, Mingi. You need to eat a healthy breakfast anyways."

"I won't eat unless you eat the same thing as me." Y/N rolls her eyes at Mingi and picks up his spoon. She takes some rice and soup and eats it.

"There. Satisfied? If you're in any pain you can just ask me to feed you." Y/N gives Mingi a stern look.

"Whatever." They spend their morning learning about the other. Of course, every now and then they have little fits of laughing.

It's been awhile for both of them since they've had a morning like this. Just pure joy.