Beginnings

"Keep up will ya? God, you're so slow!"

"I'm trying Kacchan! You're too fast!" The two boys laughed as they raced each other home. Their favorite show was going to come on in 2 minutes and there was no way they were gonna miss the season finale.

"Slow down you little punks! Your mamas can't keep up with you two!" Mitsuki barked good-naturally while Inko laughed at the two overly energetic boys running ahead.

"Sorry auntie Mitsuki!/Go faster then you old hag!" The boys called back simultaneously.

"EH?! WHAT WAS THAT BRAT OF MINE?!" Mitsuki yelled as she began to chase her son down the street.

"SHIT SHE'S COMING! RUN ZUZU RUN!!" The blonde boy screeched as he sped up to avoid his much faster mother. Izuku and his mother just giggled together as they tried to keep up after them. It was times like these that Izuku could almost forget how mean Kacchan could be.

~~~

The whole class "ooh'ed" and "ahh'ed" as Bakugo's hands lit up with tiny sparks. Bakugo himself stared down incredulously at his quirk.

"That's a very flashy quirk Bakugo! Perfect for hero work!" he heard one of the teachers compliment.

"Lucky~ That's so cool~" an awed Izuku breathed out next to him. Bakugo couldn't help but feel a swell of pride at impressing his friend. If nerdy Deku thought he had a cool quirk, surely this power HAD to be amazing.

~~~

"Your quirk is so cool Kacchan! I hope I get my quirk soon too! I wanna be strong just like you!" Izuku gushed as he followed after Bakugo deeper into the forest. Katsuki just scoffed and twirled around his net, secretly proud of the constant compliments he got from Midoriya.

"No matter what quirk you get, you'll never beat me Deku. Now come on! These bugs aren't gonna catch themselves!" he laughed racing ahead.

~~~

"You're what??" Was Deku serious?? Was that even possible?? The small boy in front of him hiccupped out his response again

"Th-the doctor *hic* said th-that *hic* I-I'm quir-quirk-qui-"

"STOP CRYING ALREADY STUPID DEKU" He snapped, patience thinning.

"He said I'm quirkless Kacchan!!" the small green haired boy wailed. The reality of it struck Bakugo like a shock of cold water. No. Not possible. The words came out before he could stop them.

"Eh~? Quirkless as well as useless?" he drawled, hating himself immediately for making his friend flinch at the harsh words. "You really have the worst luck Deku~"

What happened to having a super strong quirk? We were gonna be heroes. How dare you lie to me! How dare you not have a quirk! How dare you get my hopes up!

"What can you possibly do without a quirk?" Midoriya visibly flinched and stepped back a bit. Shit, I said that last one out loud. Izuku wouldn't meet Katsuki in the eye. He walked past the freckled boy, hitting him with his shoulder roughly, not trusting himself to keep it together. "Tch. Whatever stupid nerd. You were always gonna be fucking useless. Quirk or no quirk." Don't you dare fucking cry over that stupid Deku don't you fucking dare Bakugo Katsuki. He scolded himself as the tears started to burn his eyes. He ran the rest of the way home.

~~~

"S-stop it Kacchan! You already made him cry, just l-leave h-him alone!" Midoriya stammered out, wobbling even as he stood up to face his friend, tears welling up. Is he serious? Stupid. Brave but extremely stupid. Bakugo thought to himself as he lights up his hands. Give it up already Deku.

"Even though you're quirkless..." he slams his fist into his hand with a small explosion and fiendish grin, causing Izuku to whimper and back away. You can't win this. The three of them rush at the poor boy. He pushes away the guilt gnawing away in his chest. Just stay in your place Deku.

~~~

"I'll see you guys later!" Bakugo called out and waved goodbye to the two kids, "friends"?, he had been walking with and started another way home. I'm not checking on him... the way home just happens to go by that particular park...that's all. Oh. He's still there. Sure enough, Izuku was still sprawled on his back in the middle of the playground, eyes closed, the kid he had so bravely defended long gone. The sun's going down. He's gonna catch a cold. Not that I care. He went over and crouched next to the green-haired boy. "Oi, shitty nerd. You sleeping?" Deku's eyes slowly opened and he gazed at Kacchan with a tired, bleary and dead look.

"Go away Kacchan" he mumbled and closed his eyes again. Bakugo kicked him lightly. Bitch.

"Come on. It's getting dark. You'll get sick lying out here." He snapped irritatedly.

"So? Why do you care?" His green, piercing eyes looking straight at Katsuki. Why do I care?

"Because auntie Inko and mom will kill me if they found out I left you out here by yourself now come on." He whined. Izuku turned his head away silently with a faraway look on his face.

God, he's in one of his fucking moods again he thought to himself with a sigh. For a quirkless Deku, he could be insufferably stubborn. Bakugo knew this first hand. Once Midoriya had set his mind on something it was impossible to stop him. Well, almost impossible. Nope. Not resorting to "that" yet. He tried to pry the smaller boy off the ground but Izuku just went limp and refused to move. "Goddamnit Deku COME. ON. I wanna go home already~" he grunted before dropping him with a muttered curse.

"Just go without me. You always do anyway." Midoriya sniffled, still not looking at the blonde boy. Bakugo groaned and plopped down next to him. I'm gonna have to use "that". Fucking hell.

"Tell you what. You get up and come home and..." *long drawn out sigh* Why me God? "and we can watch that "Hero's Beginning" show, documentary thingy you're not allowed to watch at your house over at my place. Hmm?" Deku turned his head so fast Kacchan was surprised he didn't get whiplash. There was a small spark back in the boy's eyes.

"You hate "A Hero's Beginning"" Midoriya remarked with a suspicious squint. Yeah no shit. Bakugo threw his hands in the air in defeat and an eye roll.

"It's that or staying out here to get kidnapped. Make your fucking choice already or else I really will leave you here." He snapped. Izuku squinted a bit more.

"Can I have a green tea Ramune?" You must be out your godamn mind if you think I'm having another repeat of the "Incident"

"HELL NO! Not after last time!" Midoriya frowned a little. Quick! Compromise! "You can have a melon one. ONLY one."

"And strawberry Pocky?" He asked hopefully. Would you like a fuckin unicorn while you're at it your majesty?

"Fine, fine. Can we go now??" Katsuki sighed and picked himself up. He held out a hand to help up Izuku who gave him a small faint smile as he took it and got up.

"Okay Kacchan."