36

Kuan-Yin shook her head, "I'm permanently blind."

Jingwei laughed her ass, "Yin'er that is a good joke!" Wiping her tears away from laughing so hard.

However, when Kuan-Yin wasn't laughing at all, instead she opened her eyes so show her dulled eyes which looked like a crystal. "You joking right?" Jingwei gripped Yin'er shoulders, scared to Yin'er again, "What deal did you make with a spirit?"

Kuan-Yin smiled, "I gave the spirit a physical form."

Jingwei was pulling her hair, "I meant who is the spirit you made a deal with?"

"Fairy Queen." Kuan-Yin bluntly answered.

Jingwei slammed her head on the pillar nearby leaving behind cracks, "Of all spirits, you had to choose her to make a deal with!"

Kuan-Yin laughed, "I still will be able to see but in a different sense," Kuan-Yin Egan to walk to the kitchen to cook.

Jingwei grabbed Kuan-Yin by the shoulder shaking her, "Why! Why do you always try to someone else at such the price!" Jingwei was shaking, "You gave up your ability to see for a spirit to have a physical! What made you do that?"

Kuan-Yin sniffed around for the ingredients she needed pork belly, scallion, ginger, Shaoxing wine, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and rock sugar. "Jingwei can you get any medium sized clay pot from the cupboard over there?" Kuan-Yin smiled but continued to prepare the ingredients. Jingwei obediently did what she was told and sat quietly at the corner of the room, keeping out of Yin'er way.

Kuan-Yin began blanching the pork belly in boiling water which she already prepared while Jingwei was scolding her. She began slicing the scallion and ginger until the pork belly finished blanching. "Jingwei can you drain out the water and cut it in big chunks for me?" Kuan-Yin thought since Jingwei was in the room she would make use of Jingwei. Jingwei obviously listened to Yin'er and obeyed, "You will need to be able to cook in case I'm not around."

"Yin'er please don't tell me you going me die on me again!" Jingwei grabbed Kuan-Yin and squished her face in Kuan-Yin's arm. Kuan-Yin just laughed at Jingwei childish behaviour.

Kuan-Yin grabbed the other clay pot, laying the scallions on the bottom in a thick, even layer. She placed the ginger slices evenly over the scallions. Laying the pork belly skin side down on top of the ginger and scallions. Next, she poured the Shaoxing, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and added the rock sugar into the pot. Kuan-Yin covered the pot with the lid on the fire, once the liquid in the pot came to a boil she let it simmer for a while.

Kuan-Yin transferred the pork to a heat-proof plate, skin side up. She drizzled with some of the braising liquid and placed in a steamer for a while. "Jingwei goes tell the others dinner is ready." Jingwei went shouted for the others to come for dinner. While Kuan-Yin served the braised pork belly into a plate and she filled bowls with rice. After she placed the dishes down everyone had already come to the dinner table.

However, before Kuan-Yin could move away from the table she stepped on her dress and fell. She reaction was much slower due to her loss of sight, however, strong arms wrapped around her waist before she could fall down. "Careful there wifey I don't want you hurting yourself!" Chen's mischievous voice echoed in my head. All of a sudden, I felt guilty for not telling him. Chen placed Kuan-Yin on his lap, "Wifey why you so quiet huh?"

Kuan-Yin started to fumble with her finger obviously nervous to tell Chen. Kuan-Yin gripped her hands together and squeezed them hard so she could stop herself from getting so nervous. "Chen I'm blind." Kuan-Yin squeezed Chen's hand while closing her eyes. The everyone in the room when quiet and time seems to stop.

"Wifey what do you mean by that?" Chen was calmly asking. A chill ran down Kuan-Yin spine, she knew Chen was mad, extremely mad.

Jingwei went to pull at Kuan-Yin's arms and try to take her away from Chen's arm. However, Jingwei was aggressively trying to pry Chen arms off Kuan-Yin to no avail. "Let Yin'er go! You are scaring her!" Jingwei tried kicking Chen's shin however Jingwei's toes were injured. While Chen was unfazed by her kick, "AHHH MY TOES!" Jingwei clutched her toe for dear life. Seeing Chen's unfazed face it made Jingwei more determined to take Kuan-Yin away from him.

A clap resounded loudly into the dining room which startled Chen and Kuan-Yin was able to slip out of his arm. "First we eat dinner then the both of you can discuss Kuan-Yin's situation later." Master Zhong began to eat dinner. Everyone was quietly eating their dinner until a disciple cane running in cupping their hands.

"Sect Master our Sect is defending the attacks of the other rival sects!" The disciple hastily spoke looking back to hear the scream of other fellow disciple being attacked.

"What is the situation?" Kuan-Yon voice spoke out with authority lacing her words.

"Sect Leader! Fellow disciples are defending the Sect, however, our rival sects have finally figured out the mysterious sword Sect Master used! They are trying to take down our Sect and claim our resources and land!" The disciple replied.

Kuan-Yin nodded and dismissed the disciple smirking, "They dare speak nonsense?" She took a whistle from her robes and blow into it. The hybrid force she had purposefully cultivated was now ready to show it's prowess. "Fan! Take your unit to to to capture the big figures in each Sect!"

Fan and the hybrid unit nodded and went off to achieve their goal. She went back into her room to take out the newly updated prototype runic swords and documents.

If any were to mess with her family she will pay back a hundredfold. She may be a benevolent doctor however she would also be a ruthless demon.

—————

N/A

OMG! I can't believe this book has reached 100K views! This makes me extremely happy that so many people have read my book! This is almost gonna make me cry! *Tears starts falling*

Gosh, I'm such a cry baby. Haha. My most used comment to replied to my readers because what else I'm going to say. You guys as my readers are the best and very funny. It brings me joys that people are reading my story yet I'm such a newbie to writing.

I usually don't write so much for an author note because I'm such a shy person.

To celebrate this I can do a Q&A if you guys want but don't forget that you guys can recommend names for the dressmaker and Second Prince. I will extend the time to 24th February.

拜拜