Chapter Fifty Three| Roses are red, violets are blue

Start from the beginning

Maybe it's trauma or something but the kid has problems.

Time froze instantly as I heard that oh-so-familiar angelic laugh that made every other sound around me cease to silence.

I snapped my head in the direction of her laugh, seeing Grace North walking up the stairs, her best friend, Taylor I think it is, walking in front of her. She always looks more confident than Grace.

She's so damn beautiful, the whole reason I stand here like an idiot before school is so I can see her. Usually as soon as she gets out the car, she's got an immediate scowl on her face, her hairs in a messy, dishevelled bun and she looks extremely mad that she's here.

Other days, like today, her long thick, almost black hair is down so perfectly cascading down her back, her lips are formed into a gigantic grin, her deep brown eyes reflecting so much happiness as she laughed at something Taylor said.

She was wearing ripped black jeans, they were high waisted making her impossibly small waist so damn tiny, she usually wears baggy shirts and hoodies but today she was wearing a strapless black cropped top, leaving a tiny amount of skin revealed between her jeans and top.

Due to the fact our school has the shittiest dress code ever, she had to wear a cardigan cause the number one rule is that your shoulders can't be seen. And she was wearing the exact same shoes she wears every single day, her black converse.

She's not something I'm used to seeing at this school. It's like she's too perfect to exist, I've been with a fuck ton of girls and I've never seen someone as beautiful as her. I thought it was impossible until I heard her laugh and I realised perfection indeed does exist.

It's Grace North, she's perfection.

She walked up the stairs, smiling at her brother, not bothering to acknowledge me before she entered the school.

I didn't care that she didn't smile at me, or even look because why would she? I'm just her brothers' best friend, I'm the guy that comes over every single day to play Xbox with Caleb and stares at her ass when she isn't looking.

We've barely talked unless we accidentally bump into each other or something.

I lifted myself off the railing, ignoring the whining Ashley and Briar did when I did so, shaking it off as I entered the school.

The bell would be going soon anyway.

I screwed my face up in disgust as soon as I saw all the posters hung up in the halls, "Valentines day!" one read, "Buy a rose for five dollars!" another read.

Yeah, here at Riverview, each year we have this thing where you can buy a singular, faux red rose for five dollars, it has a small card attached to it where you put the recipients name and a note or whatever and they deliver it in class. It's just something the student council does.

Valentines day is kind of shit, it's just a specific day each year where couples or lovers, whatever, express their love for someone and do something special. Like shouldn't you be doing that every day?

For me, Valentines day is just an excuse to have more sex than usual.

I sighed, walking to the end of the hall where the small booth the student council, two random girls sitting behind it with a bunch of roses on each side.

I pulled my wallet out of my back pocket, pulling out a five dollar note before slamming it down on the table.

Their eyes both widened before one of them passed me a rose and a pen. I scoffed holding the thin piece of paper attached to the rose between my fingers.