Chapter Fifteen

•••

•••

Autumn was woken up by an avox that morning. It wasn't hard for her to get as she had barely even been asleep.

The avox got Autumn up, quickly, turning the shower on for her. Autumn got in the shower, taking as long as possibly allowed before she stepped out and put on the clothes that had been laid out on her bed.

Autumn slipped on the pair black skinny jeans, that were surprisingly very comfortable, that were laying on her bed. Next she put on an army green colored, long sleeve shirt. The last part of the outfit were black, leather combat boots. She had to admit she felt very comfortable in the outfit, which please her. She then put her hair in a high pony tale, knowing she would want her hair up in the Games.

Autumn walked out of the room, making sure that the wave ring from Annie was still in her finger.

Autumn walked into the dining area of the large main room and sat down next to Tyson. Amethyst tried to make small talk, but to no avail. Tyson and Autumn were both silent as they ate as much food as they could and drank water.

Even with as slow as the two tributes ate, eventually they were forced to finish up and go down to the training center.

"I am so glad that I have gotten to know you both," Amethyst hugged the two tributes. Amethyst was truly on he verge of tears as she stared at Autumn and Tyson. She had come to care for the children. Even though she supported the Games, she knew that one of these kids, or both of them, would die.

Autumn and Tyson hugged Amethyst back, grateful for everything she had done for them. They entered the elevator, side by side, and turned to look at Amethyst who stayed in the floor. Amethyst gave them one last sad smile before the elevator doors closed.

Tyson and Autumn were brought down to the training center before being taken to a runway, where a hovercraft was waiting for them. The two tributes walked into the hovercraft, sitting down in two empty seats that they were directed too.

Before they took off, multiple people came around to implant the trackers inside the tribute's arms.

A dull pain expanded through Autumn's right arm as the strange shot was injected into her. Tyson looked nervous when the doctor came to give him his tracker, but he held out his arm obediently.

Soon, they were lifted into the air and the lights in the hovercraft flickered off. Autumn looked around at the other tributes who were now officially her enemies.

Autumn had made it clear she didn't want anyone but Tyson as her ally. Autumn knew that because of her high scoring number that there would be a large target in her back. Strangely, this did not concern her. This way, the other tributes knew she was dangerous and the weaker ones might stay away from her.

Soon, the hovercraft has landed. Too soon. The tributes were hauled off the hovercraft one by one in a single filed line and brought into a building that they weren't able to get a good glimpse of. Peacekeepers surrounded them, making sure none of the tributes built up enough nerve to run.

Autumn and Tyson were separated as they were both placed in different rooms from each other. Autumn's room consisted of nothing but a large glass tube that she knew she would be stepping inside to enter the arena.

As Autumn waited, she wondered what arena she would enter. A desert? Maybe a rainforest? Her survival all depended on the terrain and her ability to adapt.

Autumn sat down on the floor as she waited, since there was no other place to sit. She knew Finnick would come in and see her soon enough.

These few moments alone gave Autumn time to think. She realized she hadn't truly had time to think about everything that had happened up until now. Maybe the Game Makers did this on purpose, as an attempt to rattle the tributes.

Autumn knew the reality of her situation. She will murder. She will loose her mind. She will die. But that's what the Hunger Games do to people. And that's what would happen to her.

Finnick soon walked into the room, earning a smile from Autumn. Even though she was truly scared, she was glad to see Finnick.

"If I could take your place, I would," Finnick breathed out as he walked up to Autumn, who was now standing.

"I know," she smiled at him sadly. Finnick leaned down and kissed her forehead, gently. He couldn't give her a real kiss. It would bring him too much pain.

"This is for you," Finnick told Autumn as he pulled out a silver necklace chain and handed it to her. "To put your ring on."

Autumn wasn't sure if Finnick gave her this so she would also have a piece of him in the Games, or if he gave her it so she wouldn't get blood on it. Probably both.

Autumn took the chain and slid the ring onto it, placing the newly made necklace around her neck. Finnick clipped it on around her neck.
Autumn turned back around to look at Finnick, before thanking him for the chain.

Autumn pulled Finnick into a hug, squeezing him tightly. She knew she wouldn't come out of that arena as the same person.

"When I die," Autumn swallow so her voice didn't break. She then let go of the hug and stared at him. "I want to to take this ring." Finnick nodded.

"When you come home-" Finnick seemingly argues with Autumn's speech about her death. "I'll be waiting for you."

Autumn was about to tell Finnick again of Tyson and how he had to live, but she didn't. She didn't want to remind him at this moment.

"Tributes, please enter the tubes. You have ten seconds," a robotic voice echoed through the room. Autumn wiped her eyes as she walked over to the glass tube, letting the door close around her.

She stared at Finnick through the glass, who looked more scared than she did. After ten seconds, the floor beneath Autumn's feet started rising as she entered the arena.