"OK, yeah. I was out of line." He brings his gaze to my face. It's full of wallowing sorrow, but his eyes tell a story of piercing anger. I can't bring myself to break our eye contact, and looking at his face makes my own turn to one of sadness. When he finally looks away, I have to take a moment to control my voice again.

"So then I go back to your room and we tell each other that we love each other. And it's the best feeling in the world, not having to hide it anymore," I smile lightly, remembering the scene "and then, Johnathan walks in. Everything within me is crushed. My stomach does these horrible gut wrenching flips and my heart starts to pound, I sweat, everything within me is reacting with 'PREDATOR PREDATOR RUN!' So I then do. I run, I leave the room as fast as possible. I end up having a panic attack in the hall and have to run to the bathroom to throw up. I don't know what it is, but he scares me so, so much. He hasn't even done anything yet and I'm terrified by the sight of him." At this point I'm sobbing from recounting it all and not having Quincy believe me. He's just staring at me with this look of doubt. "Please," my voice cracks, "please believe me."

"Why, do you go out with him then?"

"Because, on my way back to the bathroom, he was there. In the hall. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, thinking that maybe he is a good person, just isn't good socially. He ends up walking back to the room with me because I'm lost. I had fully put down my wall when he blocks my way to your door." I gulp, trying to move what feels like a block in my throat. I wipe my cheeks of tears, preparing to explain what could be one of the worst moments in my life. "He then asks me to dinner with him. That night. Of course I say no, that me and Quincy are together now. You know, saying 'Didn't you see us kiss". And then he gets mad at me, he tells me that..." I lick my lips and taste the saltiness of my tears. "that he'd fudge the papers and pretend that he was helping you when in reality, he was doing nothing to help. He would be just watching you slowly fade, letting your wounds fester. Not doing whatever he can. Just letting you go. Doing everything the opposite of what doctors should. But to stop this, I could go out with him. So of course, I agree. I agree to go to dinner with him that night. OK, I'm sorry, but I couldn't think of anything else to do." I start to get agitated and stand up. "And then, that's when I broke it off with you. Because I had to. Or you would never get better. I figured a broken heart and a lost friend was a lot better than never healing, and having a girlfriend who can't even manage to not ruin our lives." I have walked around his room to the window next to his bed. I stand there and wait for him to say something.

"Please, can you say something?" I turn around and look down at my feet with tears dripping down my face.

When I finally look up, he's just sitting there with this look of amazement on his face. I guess that he really is surprised that I would be that much of an idiot.

"Marrissa," he laughs a little, "You really... you gave up your happiness for me?" He's almost beaming at me, despite the tears on his cheeks.

"Of course. I love you. What else would I do?"

"Come here." He gestures to his chest and I get up, wiping tears from my eyes.

I get over to his bed and start to sit down on the chair next to it, but before I can, he pulls me to him, hugging me. I feel a sudden mix of joy and sadness at this. It seemed so long ago that I had hugged him last, and it feels almost foreign. But I realise that now that I have told him, I have to deal with the reality that I have to face Johnathan. When he holds me tighter, sensing my distress. I start to cry into him, and I relax into his arms and nestle my face into his neck. I breathe in his scent and hug him back tighter than ever before. I start to cry tears of relief, so glad that he believed me. My entire body starts to shake, while I sob into him. I just can't believe this. I am back in his arms even though he had been so mad just an hour ago.

My legs start to fall asleep from leaning over the bed for so long and I pull away. get into the bed. "My legs can't do this for so long." I say while laughing a little and brushing away some of my tears, though more fall to replace them.

"If we can't hug, then we'll cuddle." He lifts up the blanket and lets me in.

"Isn't that the same thing?" I joke, even with a stuffy voice.

"Oh just get in already, you doof." We both laugh and I move inside.

He puts moves onto his back and I lay my head on the top of his chest, just over his heart. I put one arm beneath him and one on top. He winds his around me, holding me to him. As I get more comfortable than ever this week, I cry even more, just needing to let all the emotions out, some of them I don't know how to describe. He just holds me and waits for me to calm before turning my chin to face him.

"Can I kiss you?" He says gently while leaning to me.

"Of course." I breathe out just before meeting my lips to his.

We melt into each other and don't split up before we have to breathe. When we do, we're both gasping for breath, but meet again after barely a few seconds. I feel him open his mouth a little and I open mine to him. I feel his tongue touch my teeth and I meet him in the middle. I take my arm from under him and move on top of him. As we go longer, he holds me closer and closer, until I'm pressed into him and can feel every part of him. All the highs and lows and I'm sure he can feel every part of me too. I've never been this close to someone before, but I don't even care, I know that he loves me and doesn't care about my size or any thing that normally would embarrass me. I don't even think about it when he starts to play with the hem of my shirt. All I do is move to force his hand under it. Suddenly both his hands are on my back and I feel every one of my nerves trace his fingertips and I shudder against him. He my shirt even farther up and my stomach is against his shirt. I pull it up so we're skin to skin. He moves his hand up to my bra, but I have to push his hand down. I'm not ready for that yet. But I do move my tongue in his mouth and I feel him start to lose control. I know it's time to stop when he moves one hand from my back and to his shirt, trying to take it off.

I pull back and softly say "No, not yet."

We're both out of breath, partly from lack of air and partly from the adrenaline rush. I smile at him before rolling to the side. Even though there is barely enough room for one person on the bed, I make it work. With one arm under his neck and the other on his still exposed stomach, I turn to the side and rest my head on his shoulder. He moves one arm to cradle me and the other to hold my hand on his stomach. We lay in each other's arms for the next hour.

Eventually a doctor comes in and makes me get out of the bed. Luckily it wasn't Johnathan. He probably would not have been as nice to me as the other doctor had been if he saw me with him.

Quincy seems to be on the same train of thought as me because he asks, "Why is it not the other person?"

The new doctor makes eye contact with me and I realize that he already was reported.

"Oh, he's not your doctor anymore, you can practically forget about him." she says this while maintaining eye contact with me. I smile at her, relieved.

"OK." Quincy looks at me and smiles, seeming to understand also.

"I guess it really was all OK." I hear from the door. I turn around and it's Amy.

I rush to her and hug her tightly. I whisper in her ear, "Thank you , thank you so much. I never could have done this without you. Even though you were not there, I could feel you by my side, helping me with every step."

She hugs me back before replying with, "I'll always be there for you, even when I'm not."

I don't really know what she means by that, but I don't care. All I know is that she was right, it was ok, Quincy really did believe me, and that's all that matters.

Thanks everyone who read this. This ending is not very good and I might fix it later. Or I might add to the story or write a sequel if people like this one. But tell me what you thought about the story and anything that you want me change or what I should fix. I don't care if your comment comes off as rude. As long as you're meaning to be nice I don't care. But anyways, hope you enjoyed, and if you did please share it with your friends. It would mean a lot to me.  ~LS