Part 3

DO INLINE COMMENTS

It's the day of discharge for Naira. She looks at the hospital room, Kartik has gone to pay the hospital bills.

Nurse: My child....aaj tum yahan se ekdum theekh hoke jaa rahi ho..God tumhe hamesha khush rakhe...

Naira: Thank you sister Jenny

Doctor: Ms Naira..wish you the very best...sach me..aapke husband ke prayers ka natijaa hai..aaj aap theekh ho gayi..

Naira: Thank you doctor..kya mujhe...kabhi mera past yaad aayega?

Doctor: surely toh hum kuch nahi keh sakte...koshish karte rehna...magar dhyaan rahe..zyaada zor mat dena...

Kartik: Chalo Naira...apne ghar...

Naira walks slowly out looking around, somethings seem new, some old. She passes the children ward, she stops and walks inside.

Small girl: Kittu uncle ...godi uthaaooo..

Kartik smiles and picks the girl. Soon some more kids crowd him. He smiles and talks to all of them with patience. Naira looks on with a soft smile..

Kartik watches Naira looking at him with a smile.

Kartik: Hey kids..Hi bolo..Naira didi ko..

Kids: Hiiiiiiiiii....

Kartik: aap logon ko pata hai..Naira didi bhi bahut acha gaati hai....iss Sunday main didi ko bhi le aaonga...abhi hum chalte hai..Byeee..

Kartik and Naira reach the small chawl like place they live. Naira looks at the surroundings trying to remember the place she has lived since 4 years...

Old woman (kissing her forehead): Naira beta....yakeen nahi ho raha...phir se tumhe dekha apni aankhon se...mujhe pehchaana? Main Phil aunty....

Their neighbours gather around talking and smiling at her. She is overwhelmed and scared at the love and affection. She looks out for Kartik . He comes to her.

Kartik: Phil aunty....Naira abhi abhi aayi hai....usse thoda time dijiye...ab aaram karna hai usse..

Phil aunty: Haan...ekdum theekh kaha tune....jaa beta aaram kar le..aur haan Kartik beta...main khaana laati hoon..aunty ke haath ki fish curry khayegi toh sab yaad aajayega...

Kartik takes Naira to their house. She touches the door of the house..there is a welcome sign at the front. She sees the nameplate – Kartik and Naira's Home sweet home..

She steps inside the house and looks around. It's a small and tidy house. There are some pictures on the wall – hers and Kartik's. She goes and sees them trying to remember the places they have been clicked.

Naira (points to one picture): Kartik...yeh..yeh kaun hai?

Kartik (comes closer): tumne nahi pehchaana? Yeh main hoon..tumhare saath..

Naira looks again. Its Naira in the picture sitting on a rock near a river. A man wearing jeans and T-shirt with long hair and stubble is hugging her from behind. There is a guitar and a bike in the background.

Naira (surprise): Yeh tum ho? Tumne aise kapde kyun pehne hai? Tumhare baal aise kyun hai?Aur yeh kaunsi jagah hai?

Kartik (smile): Haan...main kabhi aise kapde pehenta thaa...yeh Shimla hai..hamare honeymoon ki photo..

Naira looks at him and then looks away in awkwardness at the mention of 'honeymoon'.

Phil aunty: kya dekh rahi ho beta...yehi naa..ki yeh ghar bilkul waisa hai jaisa tum ne sajaya tha...Kartik ne yeh sab kiya hai...poora badal gaya hai kartik inn 2 saalon me...ab toh sabse bahut achi dosti ho gayi hai iski...pehle jaisa nahi raha yeh...