The Prom

Crystal's POV

It was lunch time. Normally I would have go out of the school ground to fight evil monsters but yesterday, me and my mom created a shield for the school so black magic users won't be able to come in. I usually lied to my friends that I had special lessons, but this time when they noticed I didn't leave like before, they all asked me why and I just said the lessons were over.
Yes, I am Crystal, and I am the princess of Earth. Magical princess to be exact. I had been keeping this secret from everyone, only my parents know this since they are the King and Queen of Earth. Now, I am just standing around waiting for my friends to show up.
"I so can't believe this!", my bff, Melody, said as she was walking towards me. My other bff, Harmony, followed behind. "Believe what?", I asked. "Nah. Melody's just excited as everyone about the prom dance this weekend.", Harmony said trying to catch up with Melody. "Wow! We have a prom? We never had those before.", I said excitedly. "The dean Mrs John just announced it a while ago. Didn't you hear it?", Melody asked, raising her eyebrow.
"Yeah...I kinda wasn't paying attention because I thought it would be the same old announcements again.", I said rolling my eyes and putting my left hand on my hips. "Umm guys. Even though I want to keep talking about this, we have Home Economics in 3 minutes!", Harmony yelled while looking at watch.
"Oh no! Let's go!", I yelled and we all rushed to the Home Ec Lab.