"I never wanted to either, but they hurt what's mine," you snarled softly. Loki kissed the top of your head.

"I love you too, witchling. Now tell me what happened." His voice had gentled. He understood your motives, though he wasn't pleased. He also still couldn't quite believe you cared enough about him to do that.

You curled yourself more comfortably in his arms and your teacup floated back over to you. You began the story from the moment Loki was taken. "You drank what?!" he demanded when you got to the part about the coffee.

"And that's why I told Thor not to tell you about that," you said softly, looking at you cup of tea. "I needed the power boost," you added softly. He sighed and couldn't argue that point. He knew how drained you'd both been after healing the children and how little you would have recovered by the next morning.

"And that my darling witchling is why you overdosed on magic and why you were so very, very hungover,"

"I realize that," you told him grumpily. "I'm very aware why you told me not to boost my powers like that." You'd known and done it anyway. You had been kinda desperate. He didn't protest anymore so you continued the story. "I'm sorry I lost your lovelock," you told him when you'd explained how you'd given it to Strange so you could find him.

He kissed the top of your head. "I'll give you a new one," he told you softly. He sounded impressed that you'd used it to find him.

Then you had to tell him about the rage and pain of seeing him in that place, of how he'd been bound and chained. About how they'd sewn his mouth shut. They had tortured your Loki and they'd had to pay.

Loki pulled you more tightly into his arms, holding you safely, and kissing the top of your head. "You should never have come there. Thor should have known to stop you. They were after you, my love," his words were harsh with emotion, with the pain and horror you had seen in his eyes when you had removed the blindfold on him in that place. "I stopped them from taking you... and you still went there anyway,"

"I had to get you back. They were torturing you. They. Those fucking pieces of shit sewed your mouth shut," you reminded him, wrapping your arms around his waist to hold him too tightly too.

His voice was haunted when he answered. "They...they said they had to silence my silver tongue before I recovered enough to use it against them. Before they got ahold of you. They thought when you showed up that I would talk you out of doing whatever it was they wanted you to,"

"I would have done anything to save you." And you had. You had exploded every single person in that place. That knowledge was finally sinking in. You'd never killed before, and you had thoroughly destroyed all of those people.

"No," Loki told you firmly when he sensed your change in thoughts. "Don't you do that to yourself." He felt your emotions and could hear thoughts when you were projecting too loudly. He tilted your head up and kissed you. "Sometimes killing is a necessary evil. I never wished for you to have to use your powers like that. I know you're a healer to your core and I love you dearly for it, no matter how exasperating it can be. I know you, my darling, I know that you would never do anything like that except in the most dire of circumstances. The circumstances the other day were very dire indeed," that was an understatement. They had tortured your Loki. "You're not a monster, love. Don't even think for an instant that you are,"

"I love you," you told him and laid your head on his chest while he ran his fingers through your hair. You weren't convinced you were going to get over killing all of those people so easily, but you knew it hadn't been the wrong decision. It wasn't the best decision, you knew the legal system was there for a reason...