10:25 pm; Ok, Quinn is w/random dude but u have not responded!!!

10:26 pm; LEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNOOOOOON!

10:26 pm; Dont make me send out a search party!!!

10:27 pm; I will tell ur moms on u!!!

10:28 pm; do i have to involve Johnny??

That was the last one and I took the window as a chance to roll out from under the pickup. I dusted my front of the dirt and picked out a few pebbles from down my shirt. Hugging my torso, I attempted to retrace my steps until I found where Monique's Explorer was parked.

Both girls looked up as I neared the SUV, with Ash stepping forward to meet me. She immediately pulled me into a hug, holding me tight. Once she pulled away, I looked into her eyes; they were sad and filled with pity. She knew. In addition, looking at Monique, I could tell she did too. Monique unlike Ash, however, looked pissed.

Ash's lips twisted before opening then promptly shutting her mouth. I knew she wanted to say something whether it be a heartfelt concern for me or a negative comment about Johnny, but my current facial expression changed her mind. Instead, she gently grabbed my arm and directed me to the vehicle.

Monique huffed and sucked her teeth as she drove, going so far as to drive a good 20 mph over the speed limit. During the drive, Quinn sent the address to the hotel party that was about 15 min away near downtown and waterside; the complete opposite direction from where Monique was driving.

"We aren't meeting Quinn?" I asked softly. Ash shot Monique a worried look before shaking her head at me.

"Nope. She went off to that after party with some random dude. Her brother went too so she's not our problem now," Monique huffed as she harshly merged into the right lane.

I opened my mouth to comment only to receive a stern look from Ash. "Tell you later," she mouthed as she faced forward. Monique's speed slowed once we were on campus and after a few more turns, we arrived in front of our dorm. She parked, but did not shut off her engine, implying that she would drive off as soon as we exited.

Ash and I promptly got out of the SUV and with a curt nod, Monique sped away into the night. The temperature around us dropped significantly within the last couple of hours leading both Ash and myself to hug our frames as we walked into the building. We were both silent as we rode the elevator up to our floor and it was not until we were safe in our dorm room did Ash speak.

"Did you want to stay up and talk about it?" Ash began, siding up next to me, "I can put on a pot of tea if you want? Or maybe some hot chocolate? I think there's some cake left in the fridge too?"

Ash, the normal brazen and outspoken girl was being uncharacteristically soft, which rare made everything feel all too real. My eyes began to water again as I took in her pitying gaze. She was trying and I appreciated it, but I wanted only one thing now; well, two things.

"Thanks Ash but I think I just want to be alone right now ok?" I whispered, not trusting the full extent of my voice at the time.

Ash nodded before giving me a quick hug. "Ok..." she paused as she looked away from me, "I'll clean up out here then." I smiled before disappearing to my room.

With a deep breath and heavy heart, I went to my closet to dig. Once I found what I was looking for, I began to stuff the bag with a few items; some clothes, books and other random items. I threw the duffle on my bed as I unplugged my laptop then placed it my shoulder bag along with the charger.