But it's true.

The Johnny I was staring at was arrogant and basked in the limelight; the Johnny I knew kept to himself. The Johnny I was staring at smiled and accepted flirt after flirt from random female strangers; my Johnny expressed his affection for me alone.

This was not right. It may have been selfish of me, but I had to go. I had to run.

His voice called out to me as I weaved through the crowd. I had a head start, but Johnny was fit and fast. Thankfully, there were plenty of cars ahead that I could hide between. I quickly tucked and rolled underneath a large pickup truck. A few moments later, I saw a pair of feet skid to a stop beside my hiding spot.

"Lennon! Lennon!" He screamed out. A few moments later, a second pair of feet joined him.

"Johnny, man! What the Hell was that?" A voice exclaimed. "You just blew off the McKenzie twins!"

"Marco, I just...there was...I, uhm..." Johnny stammered.

"They're coming to the hotel for the after party man!" Marco interrupted, "plus, there's this gorgeous red head I want you to meet." I gulped, realizing he was talking about Quinn. "Are you coming or what?"

'Please say no. Please say no!' I silently prayed as we both awaited his response. After a beat, I heard him sigh.

"Yeah man, I just need a minute."

I choked out a sob, quickly covering my mouth in effort to keep silent. Marco walked away while Johnny lingered. He paced for a minute, breathing heavily the whole time. He growled and kicked the ground before turning to follow Marco's original direction. Tears flowed freely from my eyes as I lay in the dirt hidden away. My heart was shattering all over again.

Johnny had a double life. No wonder he never told me about his 'night job'; why he seemed so well off for a college kid. This explained so much. Johnny was not ashamed about what he did for a living; he was worried about keeping a secret. God, I am such an idiot. He really was a charismatic smooth talker. He does not really love me does he? The way he acted around those other girls...I cannot believe it; I am in love with a sociopath.

I felt my phone buzz against my thigh, dragging me from my pity party and back to the real world. With a gentle tug, I wiped my face with the collar of my shirt before digging out my phone. I sniffed slightly as I unlocked my phone, the screen illuminating the area around me.

**3 missed calls from BFF! Ash

**1 missed call from Monique<3

Monique:

10:22 pm; Bitch, please call one of us back

10:23 pm; We will leave u...heifer

10:23 pm; Love u

**1 missed call from Quinn/Thing 1

Quinn:

10:23 pm; Tell the parental units Im fine. Heading 2 a hotel party, txt the addy in a bit xoxo

**1 missed call from Thing 2 Q

I wondered briefly why Q would be calling and figured he had a freak out over his missing twin. I continued to swipe, pausing to read the heavy stream of messages from Ash.

Ash:

10:23 pm; Lennon! Where. Did. U. GO?! First Quinn & now u?! Monique &i r freakin out!!! we didnt even get 2 c the winner!!!