Valentine's Day Woes Part 2

*Duncan's POV*
Did Violet just ask me on a date? I'd like to think so, but she just got out of a serious relationship with James and I don't think she'd be ready to throw herself back out there so soon. I admired that about her; Violet Baudelaire was a strong and independent woman. I had always thought highly of her, but I never knew why. I realized why when her and James had kissed in front of me and a pit grew in my stomach. I had always thought Violet was pretty, but I never thought about pursuing her as a significant other. And I wasn't going to do that tomorrow either, unless if she made a move. I was one of her best friends and I wanted to make sure she knew I always wanted her to be safe and happy.

~*~
*Violet's POV*
"I got three tubs of mint chocolate and coconut ice cream, there tubs of cookie dough ice cream, some rom-coms, dramas, Disney movies," I told Duncan. Since Klaus and Isadora were out to dinner and Quigley was at a party, it was just the two of us. "And of course I couldn't forget sparkling apple cider!" I said, holding up a bottle. Duncan smiled at me, making my heart flutter. Why did it do that? God his smile was cute. Shush! I felt myself blush as I looked away. "So which one do you want to watch first?" I asked.

"Grease?" He suggested, holding up the DVD. I smiled and set it into the DVD player. I cuddled up to my blanket, kicking up my feet. Duncan was sitting on the opposite side of the couch, his legs on the seats next to him. I smiled to myself. We watched a few more movies until a song I knew we'll began to play. "Violet, are you alright?" Duncan asked me. I was crying hysterically.

"Th-th-this was Ja-james and my s-song," I sniffled.
"He brought some chocolates for you earlier. Quigley, Klaus and I yelled at him and Quigley told us not to tell you." He handed me a small red heart shaped box. I opened it up and saw some of the kind of dark chocolate candies that break way too easily and have filling. I picked one up and broke a small piece of shell off. Red and white oozed out of it and I frowned at the filling. "I couldn't eat these even if I wanted to. Is he deliberately trying to poison me?"
" What do you mean? Are they peppermint?"
"Yup. No wonder I dumped him." The Quagmires found out about our allergies after Izzie kissed Klaus with a peppermint candy in her mouth and his tongue swelled up. It was the funniest thing ever!

Duncan laughed a bit. I wasn't sure if he was laughing about the memory or something else. "Whatcha thinking about?"
" I was just thinking that Quigley would suggest throwing these at his door. "
"That's horrible!" I laughed a bit through my tears. Duncan always knew exactly what to say to cheer me up. "I'll be right back," I said, wiping my eyes. I collected a few of the mix-tapes he made me of some of the songs I didn't even like. I used them to crush the chocolates and dug them into the mixture of filling and thin chocolate pieces. I trudged out of the dorm and over to his dorm room. There were three other girls there. "Caroline, Tristie, and Maryanne. It's a surprise to see you here."

"We could say the same." Tristie replied . They were all holding boxes of chocolate. "I was about to return these chocolates and mix-tapes. Not only do I not like these bands, but I'm allergic to the filling." I showed the chocolate covered tapes.

Caroline nodded. "Everyone got a band or artist that we didn't like, along with a chocolate that they didn't like. Of course we enjoyed the gesture, but it was still annoying. I got strawberry filling and Panic! At The Disco."
" Lucky... " I said, "I got peppermint and Five Finger Death Punch."
" Caramel and Katy Perry. " Tristie added.
Maryanne scoffed, "I got orange and Red Hot Chili Peppers. Not to be rude, but orange filling is gross!"
" He didn't even care enough to figure out what we really liked... " I said bitterly, throwing the box to the ground next to his door. "He's so unoriginal." I added before leaving back to my dorm.

"What happened?"
"I gave him back his shit." I replied, crashing onto the couch next to his feet. "He just used me. I have no clue how I could've been so stupid!"
Duncan sat on his legs so he was closer to me.

"Violet. Don't ever even think that you're stupid! You're amazing. You're brilliant, an inventive genius, kind, and if you don't mind my saying so, pretty... If you ask me, he's the stupid one if he thought he could get away with cheating on you!"
" T-thanks, Dunc... That means a lot."

He made me feel safe... Loved... Our faces were practically inches apart before I closed the distance between us. My lips met his in a soft kiss. It felt so much more meaningful than any kiss James and I ever shared. I deepened it in an attempt to get the point across. We finally pulled away.

"Wow..." I whispered breathlessly.
"My sentiments exactly," Duncan agreed.

********
913 words

A/N: Still not sure about the MIA business, but I couldn't leave you all hanging!!! I'll miss you, my amazing readers! Happy Valentine's Day from me to you!