Whose vs. Who's; What's the Difference?

So here's an update, finally.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to update every other Monday as I promised, but I've been really caught up with school and homework and stuff. I also started a new book recently ("Undertale and Deltarune Oneshots", go check it out if ya want) and it updates every other Friday. Anyway, ON WITH THE LESSON!

So what's is the difference between whose and who's, and why is it bad to get them mixed up?

Well, "whose" refers to possession. For example, "Whose lunch is in the fridge?".

Who's, however, is a conjunction of "who is". It's basically the shortened version. A good, simple, model for this is something like, "Who's there?". 

I don't know what else to say about this one, But I can give you a few examples and a few quizzes for the comment section!

Alright, some examples!

"Whose motorcycle is this?"

"Who's going to the party?"

"Who's stolen my spaghetti?!"  

"Whose trombone is in the corner?"

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Whose trombone is in the corner?"

"Who's that?"

"Whose is that?"

etc!

Now, everyone, correct examples aside, I would like you to do these in the comments below!

If it is wrong, put the correct whose/who's.

If it is correct, put a C.

1.) Whose food is in the red container?

2.) Whose eating at Chilli's?

3.) Who's bike is this?

4.) I wonder who's taken my notebook?

5.) Whose eaten all the bread?!

Give me your answers below with the hashtag #learnyourgrammar! The first three to answer correctly will get an honorable mention in my next chapter, and I'll also read a few of their stories and choose one to recommend.

Until next time, have a nice week! See you all this upcoming Monday, and I hope I get to help you Learn Your Grammar!!