May Eighth

Sam and Ella had never had to endure so much tension as when they were looking at Cas and Dean hashing it out, yelling things at each other. Even though the two hadn't talked about the kiss, the awkward aura whenever they were alone made it difficult to talk about normal hunts.

"You know you're not supposed to leave the bunker!" Dean shouted, "Every Angel out there is on your tail!"

"I wanted to be helpful!" Cas retaliates.

"The only way you can be helpful is by being alive!" Deans voice breaks at the end. Ella rolls her eyes and nudges Sam with her elbow.

"What?" Sam looked down at her.

"Dude, they're totally an old married couple." She snickers, "Look, Cas wants to invite over the in-laws to impress Dean and Dean wants him to my feel like crap." Sam holds in laughter, but fails to do so and stops the arguing between the fallen angel and the hunter.

"What's so funny?" Dean snaps. Ella comes to Sam's aid.

"You two haven't stopped fighting. I couldn't sleep last night, Dean. Cas would stop yelling at you about being overprotective." Ella crosses her arms, stepping in front of the confused Moose behind her.

"I apologize." Cas blushes.

"I get that you two are close, but please stop inflicting us with your arguments. Go to on of the many rooms, or just stop fighting. Please." Ella's voice grew sincere, "I just want you three idiots to be happy for once. Here, Cas, let's make Breakfast." Ella walks over and leads Cas into the kitchen like he's five years old.

"What's her deal?" Dean scoffs.

"She's sick of fighting." Sam stares after her, only looking away when he was certain every last molecule was invisible to him. Dean smirks, wiggling his eyebrows.

"So, what's going on with you and moody?" He asks.

"I don't know, man." Sam leans back against the wall, leaning his head back, "She can't stand being in the same room as me."

"Come on, dude." Dean scoffed, "She's just confused. Give her a few more days and she'll-"

"I think you're forgetting we're talking about Ella." Sam Cuts him off.

"Right." Dean groaned, "Stubborn Ella. Smart-ass Ella. Ella."

"Oh yeah, thanks." Ella laughs, carrying a tray into the room and setting it on the table. Castiel follows her, holding two more trays. "We've got chocolate chip waffles, chocolate chip and banana pancakes, fruit salad, whooped cream, coffee, and toast. I started preparing food last night."

"What's the occasion?" Dean grabbed a tray, quickly followed by Sam and Cas. Ella just stood by the table, no one noticing there were only three trays. No one except Sam, of course.

"Oh, nothing." Ella waved her hand, "I just thought that we should start eating like human beings."

"What about you?" Sam raises his eyebrows, not meaning to call her out but just genuinely curious.

"I'm not particularly hungry this morning." Ella shrugs, "Anyways, I found some gigs that sound fun."

"Fun?" Dean scoffs, "Gigs aren't fun."

"These ones are." Ella rubs her hands together, grabbing Sam's laptop, "Thanks, Sammy."

"You didn't even ask!" Sam groans

"Okay, so, there's this town in Michigan, tiny little town. Like, no one even heard about it unless you loved there or passed through. It's called Adrian. Three kids we're camping in their backyard. Which, by the way, was huge, and they we're going to go for a midnight swim in this pool they had and when they got in, the water wasn't water. It was blood." Ella grins.