1995

"You know what, dad?" Dean heard a girls voice shout, "I'm so sick of you choosing what I'm doing for the rest of my life and dumping me off at strange cabins every other day! So either i'm coming with you or I'm leaving for good!"

"You're not coming, Ella, you're staying here, where its safe. With Bobby." Pastor Jim growled, "Or, you're going to die."

"Go to hell, dad." Ella barges into the door, hair whipping in her face and eyes filled with tears. "What are you doing here?" The eleven year old asks.

"Dad dumped me hear." Dean crosses his arms, watching.

"Where's Sam? He's a year older then me and about four years younger than you, which means your seventeen and he's twelve?" Ella wipes away a tear the escaped her eyes, "Yeah, that's right, I'm good at math."

"Sam is in the junk yard, talking to Bobby." Dean nods over to the door, "Sounded like a pretty bad fight."

"Yeah, well, it was a pretty bad fight that didn't involve you, Dean." Ella snaps, walking out to the yard, "Bobby! My dad dropped me off, I can leave, if you want..." Dean jogs out to follow her.

"Why would he want you to leave?" Dean asks.

"Her daddy was a jackass." Bobby slides out from under a car, "You don't have to leave, Ella, you know I adore you."

"You adored my mother." Ella rolls her eyes, nodding at Sam, who just jumped off of a pile of cars, "And as I have been told many time, I am the farthest possible thing from my mother."

"Ouch." Dean whistles

"So I'm makind dinner for four, tonight. When the hell did I become hunter daycare?" Bobby mutters, "People need to take charge and stop dumping their kids on old drunks."

"At least it's you instead of Ellen." Ella smirks, "She's always getting mad at me for not talking."

"You talk enough." Sam flicks her arm.

"Flick me again, Winchester, and I'll break your arm."  Ella threatens, a happy little smile on her face, running to catch up with Bobby. Sam blushes furiously.

"She... she couldn't break my arm." Sam clears his throat, "Right?"

"She's pretty tough for an eleven year old." Dean grins.

"But... she's a girl." Sam pouts, "I could totally take her on." 

"Yeah right, Sammy." Dean throws his little brother over his shoulder, poking him in the ribs. Sam giggles, but struggles on Dean's shoulder. "You're more of a girl than Ella." 

"Mean." Sam whines when Dean 'accidentally' bumps his head against a car.

"Dean, put your little brother down and come eat. I made mac and cheese, boys."  Bobby calls.

"Root Beer or milk?" Ella asks once Sam and Dean have sat themselves down at the table. 

"Two rootbeers." Dean holds up his fingers.Ella nods, grabs an extra rootbeer for herself, and sits down at the table. "So... you're dad... what's he hunting." Bobby chokes on his drink and Sam presses his lips together. 

"Dean!" Bobby scolds, "Did you not hear the heated argument they had?"

"It's fine, Bobby." Ella shrugs, "It's just a vamp nest a little ways out of town. I'm eleven, I should be able to- you know what, no. Never mind. Bobby, the macoroni is great but I'm really not hungry. Sammy, you look really hungry, here take it." Ella stands up from the table, "I'll be in the car yard." 

"Are you sure, Elle?" Sammy raises his eye brow, but his eyes were obviously hungry. She smirks, nodding.

"Ella Murphy, you don't have to eat but you bet your ass we're dining like a family tonight, so sit your butt down and talk to us, girl." Bobby snaps.Ella shot him an annoyed look,  but sank back into her chair. "Good. Now, how's school?"