eight

"that was delicious!  tell the chef i said they did great!" chelsea said to dallon as she pushed in her chair.  i quickly followed in her actions, as it seemed to be the polite thing to do.  every human around us were pushing in their chairs.

she took out her wallet and left a 20 dollar bill. it looked as if she just pulled anything out of her wallet. she seemed to be in a rush.

she put on her jacket and grabbed my hand and started to walk down the street.  her hands were cold despite the jacket. 

"are you cold, petey?" she asked.   "if you were, i assure you, you won't be soon." she giggled. i did not find her joke funny.

"oh look we're at my apartment!  that was quick." she said with a hint of something i couldn't quite figure out in her voice.  emotions weren't simple. they were extremely complex and i couldn't understand them all just yet.

she dialed a six digit number into a keypad and opened the door to the building. 

"we're almost there, petey.  we don't have to wait much longer. i promise." she said as she led me to a door. she grabbed a pair of keys and unlocked it.

she opened it and pushed me into the room. i stared at her.

"oh shit!" she said quickly as a fairly tall man walked out.

"who the fuck is this chelsea?!" he said angrily. i supposed he was her boyfriend. that would be the only valid reason to why he was so angry at her.

then i saw a rush of white and felt myself fall to the floor.

"what the fuck, brendon? you can't just to that to someone? he didn't know!" chelsea yelled.

"and that suddenly makes it okay?" he yelled. "i should have never left ryan's house. at least then i wouldn't know what you do when i'm not with you? are you a child? do you need to be monitored all the time?"

while they were fighting i quickly got up and left the apartment. it would be much more safe to go back to andy's home. i suppose it would be alright for me to stay there for one night. perhaps not. we didn't know each other too well, but it was worth a chance.