Chapter Three: Braedey's First Battlezone

Começar do início

"This place really makes Earth not look pretty at all." Vert commented, looking around at their surroundings. "Where do you think we are?" He asked.

"Not where, Vert. When." Sherman clarified.

"Are you saying this battlezone is what Earth looks like back in the past?" Stanford asked in surprise to the younger Cortez brother.

"Maybe around 70-65 million years ago, to be more precise." Braedey replied to him. "That's the best hypothesis as to what this battlezone might be. But right now, we need to find that Battle Key, and close this zone before the Vandals and Sark arrive and crash the party."

"Braedey's right." Agura agreed, then looks ahead on the road. "But, where do you think it could be?" She asked.

"Zoom, can you give us a 20 on the sky?" Vert asked the Chopper rider.

"Boys, may need a lift." Zoom asked.

A moment later, some metal panels on the Buster shift to form a ramp behind the vehicle. The Chopper races forward, leaping off the ramp, just as it's wheels split open, then shoot out blades, and begins to fly in the sky like a helicopter-plane of sorts, while the Buster folds its ramp back up.

"Okay, your toys have some serious tricks, and I'm the one in a custom racecar." Braedey laughed to himself.

A moment goes by, then the Battle Force 5 come to a stop in a clearing. So far, Zoom hasn't reported in as to where the Battle Key might be, or if there's any other enemies around. But, as they wait, they see some sauropods and other herbivore dinosaurs nearby in a lagoon. They were all grazing and drinking, all of them not taking notice of the humans nearby.

"I guess you two were right about your hypothesis. We're on a prehistoric Earth battlezone of sorts." Agura commented to Braedey and Sherman. "Who would've thought we'd come across living and breathing dinosaurs."

"I've got some buddies back home who'd love to be here." Braedey sighed, thinking about back home. "They'd get along here."

"So, they're not gonna eat us, right?" Spinner asked timidly, looking over at the sauropods grazing.

"Those animals are all herbivores, Spinner." Vert reassures the older Cortez brother. "They don't eat meat."

At that moment, the sauropods and other herbivores begin to leave the lagoon, like they're on a migration route. The animals give low grunts and howls as they walk away, their stomping feet shaking the ground a bit, as they leave the area.

"Zoom, any sign of the Battle Key anywhere?" Braedey asks on the Comms to the Chopper.

"Negative on that." Zoom replies back. "So far, nothing. I'll keep an eye out, while also watching out for these Pterosaurs up here."

"Keep your head on, Zoom." Vert added in.

Suddenly, a blue portal of sorts appears on the other side of the clearing and lagoon, and out race the Vandals; Kalus, Sever, Hatch, and Krocomodo. The four Vandals come to a stop just outside of their portal, and they see the Battle Force 5 on the other side.

"Attack the subspecies!" Kalus ordered with a roar, and the four monsters race forward.

"Battle Force 5, split up!" Braedey ordered, shifting his car into gear. "They can only attack so many of us."

The Battle Force 5 split up, all the Vandals chasing after one of them; Vert and Braedey were being chased by Kalus, the Cortez brothers against Hatch, Agura dealing with Krocomodo, and Stanford against Sever. The cars and their drivers all split up across the prehistoric world, all of them fighting for survival.