Fool

Kaycee's POV

You were a fool. An oblivious and seemingly happy fool.

We started off slow. Something new for the both of us. Confused but happy. More than I can say now.

You gained my trust, something no one has fully been capable of doing. You confused me, but it was exciting.

You followed me as I went, following aimlessly like a lost puppy. Chasing something that was unreachable, almost impossible.

I should've stopped you, but I let you.

You were a fool and I let you be one. I know I shouldn't have but I did.

I continued to play you. Gave you hope, gave you trust, gave you something to believe. Believe that there was something there when even I didn't know if that was true.

I played along. I strung you along, getting me caught in it without noticing.

We continued to live life. I was happy, happier than I've been for a while. I thought I could trust you. You made me believe I could. And I did. I trusted you. Do I regret it? I honestly don't know, but I trusted you.

My heart and mind were at constant battles, tearing me apart in the inside without even realizing it.

You broke down my walls, and I couldn't stop it. I watched as it crumbled in front of me, uselessly trying to pick up the pieces and fit them back together.

I shouldn't have let you in. I should've left you out. But you found a way. You always did.

You made me blind. I thought I played you, thought you were blind and oblivious. But you knew all along didn't you? You played me, you used me, you lied to me. You broke me.

You stayed, making me believe, making me hope, making me want. You gained my trust, you had me fragile in your fingers. Slight movement and that'd trigger me to shatter.

You saw me at my worst, you saw me at my best. You put me in my worst, you put me in my best.

I thought you were the fool, but it was me all along.

We continued to grow. We all saw as you tried but could never get me to say yes. I was afraid. This was all new. I had a right to be afraid. I expected you to leave, but you stayed.

You gained my full trust and you knew it.

You had me locked in your grasp and squeezed. Playing with something delicate and fragile like a flower.

You started ripping the petals off, one by one. Pulling at me and slowly tearing me apart one by one.

I cracked. You broke me. Someone who I never thought would hurt me, hurt me the most. I was confused, shocked, betrayed. But I guess I deserved it.

I thought I played you. I thought I made a fool of you. But I guess I was the fool. The fool who fell for you. 

A.N. Hey so, this is actually terrible. I am so sorry. It's choppy, it doesn't flow good, and it just feels like something empty. However, I'm posting it anyway because I cried writing this. This was something that hit close to home for me. It was something that happened to me recently and I do not wish this upon anyone. We may have ended things on bad terms but it's okay because if he's happier without me in his life then that's all that matters. I'm sorry for this trash but it was a way to let out some more pent up emotions that I couldn't explain to people if I were to just tell them the situation. 

Once again, I am sorry for this garbage. It's so bad, love that for me because it reflects on my other works which are also not good at all by any means. *sigh* welp. 

Please please please give me some feedback. I really want to try to get better, even if it's negative feedback. I take any constructive criticism. Hope you guys like it cause I surely don't. 

Anyways, until next time.

A.M.