~Party, Drink, Lov3~

(10:00 p.m.)

(store)

I love to go grocery shopping late, it's one of my 'me times'. I know it sounds cliche, but I love to buy food and wine when it's quiet...I can think and clear my head. I'm still pondering upon what Joshua said. To be honest I think it was a load of bull. There is no God...if there was wouldn't he care enough for me to erase the pain I suffered with for years and stop the anxiety attacks that purged on me when they saw fit.

I walked further down the aisle and turned to the right...then I was in 'heaven'...my little heaven, my personal favorite aisle in this entire store...can you say bottoms up? I walked quickly down the aisle, looking for my favorite wine in the whole wide universe.

' Cabernet Sauvignon's red wine.' I smiled as I grabbed a 25 fluid oz. I smelt it and placed it in my buggy. I saw 'Bud Light', but I wasn't much of a beer guy. I was more of an Italian wine guy. I took another look at the wine rack and grabbed 4 more good tasting wine, got some gapes and headed to the checkout counter. "95.09 sir." the teenage boy behind the counter read. I gladly gave him my debit card.

After it was approved, I grabbed my bag of wine and grapes, then headed to Kevin's house. He invited me earlier, but I told him I'll think about it. I guess I can go sip on a few cold ones right quick. As I pulled up to this beige building that read 'Wild N' Night', I noticed hundreds if not thousands of people flooding the place. I locked my car as I brought one of my least favorite wines in the building.

'I'm So Fancy' by Iggy Azalea was blasting through the speakers. When I got past the massive crowd, I saw Kevin flirting with a group of bikini chicks. "So, yeah ladies, the ring is real." he boasted. "How real?" a black curvy cutie asked. "As real as your implants is to you sweetheart." he joked. The girl took a bottle of liquor and poured it in his face, then walked away with girls that I guessed to be her friends.

"Wow." I said, setting the bottle of wine on the neon pink bar. "Yeah, they're just a bunch of garden tools!" he yelled. "I brought wine." I said.

"Cool, man I got somebody for you to meet, she's fine is finer than Halle Berry!" he shouted. I shook my head. He scoffed. "Man it's time for you to get back out there on the market brother, her name is Danielle and she's young."  he said, putting his arm around my neck, sneakingly taking the wine out of my hand.

"Why didn't you tell me this was going to be a beach party, and how young?" I asked. "Because I wanted it to be a surprise and she's 23." he said, pouring himself a glass of wine."I don't know man." I said, taking the bottle and pouring me a glass of it. "Come on man, look just talk to her, nothing more, none less, okay?" he said. I sighed.

"Okay." I agreed with him. I saw a stunning, beautiful young lady walk up beside Kevin in a gold and purple bikini, that barely covered anything. "Danielle this is David, David Ms. Danielle...go easy on him." he joked. I smiled. "Oh I will...the pleasure is mine." she said as I gently brushed my lips onto her hand. She had honey brown skin with eyes very similar to a certain woman.

Victoria. Now I get why he wanted me to talk to her...he mostly doesn't think Victoria is interested in me and that this is possibly how close I could get to a girl like her. "You drink wine?" I offered anyway.

She smiled, revealing her carefully rounded dimples. "Yes, red wine is my favorite." she said. I poured her glass, shocked that we had anything in common. "Alright, I'll be outside if you need me." Kevin said finishing his wine and heading back outside.

"So, how old are you?" she asked me. "I'm probably older than-" "Shhh, that's alright, I love mature guys." she said winking her golden green eyes at me. "I can't stop looking at your eyes." I blurted out to her. She smiled. "Thank you, your blue eyes are beautiful, you know that's my favorite color." she said, inching closer to me. I smiled at her boldness. "So, what do you do for a living?" she asked me, backing away...taking a sip of her drink. I almost choked on my wine.

"Umm....." I trailed off. I can tell she sensed why. "Look, it's okay...I won't judge you, you look like you could model though." she said flatteringly. I blushed. "Thank-you beautiful...I'm a janitor." I said, bracing for the laughter that I was sure that would come. "That's good, at least it's legal right?" she said, rather than asking. "So, what do you do?" I asked her. She sashayed her way out of her chair closer to me...I could feel her breath on my lips.

"I'm a stripper." she whispered, laughing. My eyes widen as I processed what she had just said. Great, that's how Kevin met her.  "Wow." "I know right." she laughed. "Oh..." I said, not knowing what to say to that. "Are you dating?" she asked me. I shook my head. "Are you?" I asked. "Yeah, I- I am." she admitted. "Then why are you talking to me?" I asked. She shrugged.

"Trying to distract myself like you are." she said, drinking the rest of her wine down. I don't need to be distracted, and how could I be with her eyes screaming Victoria...and now I wished I would've just went to church with her, and we would've had been enjoying each other at dinner right now.  "No, I don't need to be distracted, what in this world made you want to become a stripper, as beautiful as you are...you should have some self confidence." I said, feeling the wine take its' toll on me. When I'm intoxicated, I tended to be very outspoken. She didn't seen to mind, but grew happier. "You want another drink Davy?" she asked. I smiled.

"You trying to get me drunk?" I asked her, feeling a little more happier and warm than I had. She laughed, pulling my face to hers. "Maybe I am." she said. "Want to co- come to my pl- place?" I asked, my words tripping over each other. She smiled. As we walked towards the door, the huge flat screen that was planted on the wall, was urgent and shocking news. "This just in a massive sinkhole and 6.9 earthquake just exploded out of nowhere!" the female reporter explained, as shocked as the whole club was. "Five people were found dead in the sinkhole that overtook half of the neighborhood...and in the earthquake 10 people were trapped in their own houses, luckily none of them died, yet they still were severely injured." she said.

I was shocked. Yes, here in California, alot of this stuff happens and I should be used to it by now, but that was...just too many people. She snapped her fingers at me. Here I am fixing to get laid, and people were trying to fight to live through unexpected horror. "I- I can't, I have to go." I said. She growled and pushed me into the 2000 wine glasses that were neatly stacked on top of each other. "Whatever, you were broke anyway!" she yelled before walking away. Kevin immediately rushed to my side. "Man, are you okay." he asked, helping me up.

"Yeah." I said, keeping myself from screaming at the pain that was deep within my back and head. I tried to stand up, but then fell back down. "Hey, someone call 911!" he yelled. I felt a puddle of liquid surround my head as I heard screams and footsteps leaving. I ached everywhere. Why did she have to push me into the 2000 thick glasses of wine. "Sir! can you hear me?" I heard a faint voice call to me as i zoned in and out. I was lifted to a stretcher and loaded onto the truck like expensive packages. The last thing I remembered was the nurse yelling "We're losing him, step on it!" then I faded away.