022: Being A Wizard

Start from the beginning

They warned the two of them that whenever they approached Ying Yunyan, they must be very careful not to upset her and if she needed space, they were to comply and give it to her. The two of them had nodded their heads to show that they understood. He suspects that she has a serious ailment but... He didn't think that it would be this bad.

Choosing to be left alone to 'play', he had hurriedly picked up the electronic device and snailed his way through the interweb. He typed in the symptoms he saw when he met her, and what was described from them.

The screen was on but only the home screen was displayed. He learned how to access 'incognito mode' from observing his big brother Yunsheng. He would play as if he didn't see anything while Xiu Yunsheng was browsing the internet. Whenever he was going to buy gifts for anyone, he would access incognito mode so that there were no traces of his movements. After seeing it for more than a dozen times, he memorized how to access this magnificent feature.

Xiu Shinyi recites the result of his search in his mind as he was in disbelief; Parkinson's disease³ and dementia⁴. And from his investigation, she has already entered through the doors of the fifth stage of this neurodegenerative disorder... The most advanced stage. Not only did she have this condition, but she also developed dementia and was beginning to mix up her memories as well as changes in her behavior. He can also confirm that she has had this condition for over ten years at least, perhaps it may have been longer since the prognosis has been given. Even though Ying Yunyan won't die from Parkinson's disease, proceeding to live her daily life can be very difficult as she needs assistance 24/7. It was crucial that her every movement would be monitored because even the simplest accidents can be lethal, claiming her life in the process.

Sighing, he knows that ultimately, there's nothing that he can do for her other than accompany her and make more memories.

---

The days seem to pass by rather quickly. The five of them assimilated to their current way of life that was filled with warmth and their outlook on life became much better, but Xiu Shinyi knows that this was only temporarily as everyone's way of life would be altered on that day. He wanted to make sure that everything was ready before the time came and grew a little anxious at finding the right man to complete it. He understands that he cannot rush things or else it might end up costing him a lot more.

For now, he'll focus on what he can do with his own abilities and the help of others. He was only in the body of a ten-year-old and there were many limitations that came with that.

Sitting outside underneath the shade of a tree, he waits for his brother to get off his afternoon activity. Xiu Shinyi had convinced his twin brother to join in a couple of after-school activities as he had done so in the past, the only reason for why he wasn't doing it this time around was because of him. Xiu Shunyu was naturally an outgoing person but with his entrance into the world once more, his personality has shifted a little. He was still outgoing but was a little more reserved and cautious of others. This, however, didn't negatively affect his popularity, rather it made it rise even more.

He promised Xiu Shunyu that he would wait for him in this exact spot every day after school so that they could go home together and that he would find something to do rather than be idle. Of course, he wouldn't be idle, his plan was already in motion.

Being left alone and having his twin be able to do what he wants to do while being able to cast a wide net to catch a rather disgusting bug; it was throwing one stone to hit two birds. Feeling someone getting closer to him, he places down his book and smiles brightly as he looks up, "Ah Hao"

A young boy a month older than he was stood before him. With short curly dirty blonde hair, two upturned turquoise coloured eyes framed by his full straight brows, a slightly protruding noise with a nicely curved bridge, and two scarlet lips that were slightly thin, his western features were more prominent, but signs of a beauty was starting to unfold beneath the petals. If only he wore a more confident look on his face, it would bring out more of his beauty but the young boy was rather shy and timid.