10: Fervid Crimson

Start from the beginning

I looked at his face and watched as his doe eyes looked at me with utmost curiosity. My breath hitched as I saw a flash of his younger self. My composure left for a second but I cleared my throat then said, "He used to be my world, I thought I'd never see myself apart from him."

"What happened?," he asked and I just gave him a sad smile and said, "Circumstances."

He sighed then asked one last question, "Why do you hate me so much?"

My eyes softened at his question. My heart wrenched.

Why did I hate him? Was it because he caused my father's death? Maybe but, he was a child. Or do I hate him because he stopped being ar my side?

I don't know. I really don't know.

I stood up from the swing and looked him dead in the eye and said, "I don't really hate you golden boy, I just hate the world and you just so happen to be part of this world."

"That's very vague, so that technically means you just hate me," he said as he stood up from the swing and I shrugged and said, "It's up to you to interpret it."

He then slowly started walking towards me making me raise my brow and say, "What the hell do you think you're doing golden boy?"

He didn't speak and just pulled me into a hug and so I said, "What the hell, let go of me!"

"Just shut up and take the hug, I know you need it Haewon," he said as he pulled me deeper into the hug. Much to my surprise, I found myself hugging him back and saying, "Always so damn stubborn, why are you even hugging me?"

"I don't know, you just remind me of a really good friend," he replied with a low tone that if we weren't the only people here, I wouldn't be able to hear.

I let go of him and said, "That's enough sap story for a day." I offered him my hand and said, "Well, are you just going to stay here?"

"Yeah, I just have to think about some stuff," he said and my heart wrenched again.

"So you really care about this Goyang-i of yours who loves this park so much," I teased and this time he didn't tease back and said, "Yeah, she means a lot to me."

Tears threatened to leave my eyes. A flash of his younger self appeared again in front of my eyes only for the image to disappear when I blinked.

I approached him and gently cupped his face then said, "For what it's worth, I hope you find your Goyang-i, she must miss you just as much as you do."

J.JK

It was weird seeing a different side of Haewon today. My chest welled in overwhelming emotions when she said, "For what it's worth, I hope you find your Goyang-i, she must miss you just as much as you do."

She was already walking away when suddenly, she walked back to where I stood then flicked my forehead making me say, "Ow! Yah! What was that for?"

She softly smiled and said, "Just don't stay here for too long pabo."

She then walked away and disappeared into the night. I gently touched my forehead and felt a familiar feeling.

A memory flashed before my eyes.

It was at the playground. This very playground.

"YAH! JEON JUNGKOOK! We have to go! Appa said we're gonna go to a place where we can eat lunch," she said and I pouted and said, "Goyang-iiii, you promised we'd stay at the swing a little bit longer."

She laughed and flicked my forehead then said, "Come with me so we can eat pabo."

I was brought back to reality when I felt a tear fall down on my cheek while I still had my hand on my forehead.

"Goyang-i......no she can't be her, Kyong wasn't Ahjussi's last name," I said to myself as I immediately started running aimlessly into the sidewalk, not even sure where I'd find her. I sighed and decided to take my phone out of my pocket to call my driver and take me to wherever the Kyong family resided.

I need to get to her.

She's.....

Not my Goyang-i but somehow it feels wrong to just let her go right now. I have this uncontrollable urge to just get to her and ask her.

K.H

I arrived at my home only to see my mother standing in the middle of the main hall with a bunch of suitcases packed.

"Eomma, did you really have to wait just to show me that you're going on another long business trip, a.k.a vacation disguised as a business trip," I teased but surprisingly she just kept a calm face and said, "I'm not going anywhere."

"Oh so are you actually starting to pull jokes now with this amount of suitcases," I said as I snorted right after in laughter but she looked me dead in the eye and said, "These are all what you'll need because you are moving away."

My heart dropped at what she said and she continued to say, "You think I found it nice with how you acted in front of the Jeon family, they withdrew from the deal! I was accepting the deal so that you could be paired with their son and wreak havoc in their lives but somehow you're brain was too slow to catch on!"

"So what are you doing now then huh?! Kicking me out to live in the streets because I didn't help you with your revenge plans!," I said as I tried to get the luggage and bring them back upstairs only for her to pull me back and say, "I've had enough of your rebellious phase, dressing in all black and wearing all those nasty jewelry like some delinquent, I'm sending you to an a private school in London so you'll straighten yourself out!"

"What the hell?! No! You don't get to tell me what to do," I yelled and she yelled back, "Well I do get to tell you what to do because provide for all your needs, whatever you're wearing or eating is because of my money!"

"Needs?! I NEVER NEEDED A RICH LIFE I JUST NEEDED A MOM AND YOU COULDN'T BE ONE-," I screamed only for her to slap me hard in the face and say, "All I've done was try and give you a good life and you're just being ungrateful! You walk all over me thinking that your appa's death didn't affect me too! Well then let me remind you that before he was your father, he was my husband!"

I was speechless for a moment. It was as if I saw my mom's old self for a moment.

"You're finishing high school there and once you graduate you're coming back! You better fix yourself because I am done dealing with your sh*tty attitude," she said as she handed over my luggage to the bodyguards.

"I asked some of the bodyguards to escort you to the airport," she said coldly as she turned away to go upstairs as if she didn't just have a heated conversation with her.

I reluctantly went along with the bodyguards.

I should text Iseul, I don't want her freaking out.

When I was already at the parking lot, I surprisingly saw an unfamiliar car arrive. The car door opened revealing a frantic looking Jungkook who ran to me.

He looked at the luggages my bodyguards were loading in the trunk of my car and asked, "Where are you going?"

"Somewhere," I said as I restrained myself from saying anything but then he pulled a picture from his pocket and asked me upfront, "Are you this girl?"

I kept my composure and calmly said, "Get in the car, let's talk."