"But now I am worried about it!" Kirishima complained, slumping back on his chair in defeat. "Just tell me!"

Defiant, Sero shook his head. "You'll see," he eluded ominously, tapping his nose. Before Kirishima could press him further, there was a loud bang from the kitchen. He turned to face the commotion just in time to see Bakugo practically throw himself out of the mob.

"Fucking extras!" he yelled back at them. "Not letting me get my fucking food!"

"There is a queue, Bakugo!" Iida stressed, exaggerated hand movements at work once again, but Bakugo ignored him, deciding that he wasn't worth the trouble and heading for the doors, ripping them open and storming outside, vanishing from sight.

The room was quiet for a moment, everyone processing what had happened, until there was a ding from the kettle and the hubbub was switched onto full volume again.

"That guy's a living nightmare," Sero groaned, running his free hand through his hair. "We're all lucky you were the one who got paired with him. Had anyone else been his roommate, they'd probably be dead."

Doubting the truth of that statement, Sero's wording still made him pause - Kirishima found himself suddenly and inexplicably wanting to know more about Bakugo's nightmare; what had triggered it, what happened, who was involved. It really was uncharacteristic of the blond to lose such control over his Quirk, even in an unconscious state, so it had to have been something really awful - 'Kamino' didn't really settle it for Kirishima.

"Nah, bro. Bakugo's not that bad, really."

Sero simply hummed his skepticism, taking another large bite out of his toast as the realisation that Bakugo had just left really sunk into Kirishima's head. Hadn't Bakugo said he was going to dye his hair today?

Well, he wasn't really surprised; maybe Bakugo had simply said that last night and forgot about it today. After all, it wasn't really that important, and Kirishima could definitely do it himself.

Yeah, he told himself firmly. But despite his brain telling him that, there was this hollow feeling in his chest that wasn't going away.

- - -

"Gah!" Kirishima groaned, throwing his body backwards and flailing as his chair wobbled unsteadily with the force of his action. Quickly regaining his balance, Kirishima slumped his body over his desk, sounds of frustration reverberating around his room. It was around midday, and Kirishima hadn't had anything planned for the day other than dying his hair, which he now couldn't find the motivation to do, so instead he had tried to start on his homework. Getting to around the fifth or sixth question in his maths assignment, Kirishima soon found himself staring blankly at the page, wishing for a magical fairy to appear in front of him and gift him with the knowledge of how to answer it.

Just as he was about to give up and text Kaminari to ask if he wanted to play video games together, his bedroom door handle rattled, before the whole thing flew open and Bakugo stood there, irritated as usual.

"Oh, Bakugo!" Kirishima greeted, thankful. "Good timing! I was just-" He stopped himself, glancing at the plastic bag in the blond's hand. "What's that?"

Bakugo muttered something incoherent under his breath, probably a curse of some sort, before tossing the bag across the room. Kirishima watched it's gentle arc, straps flapping slightly, until it came to a not-so-graceful stop on the bed, thudding heavily onto the mattress and sinking into the comforter.

Kirishima was about to ask what it was again, but a flash of red caught his eye. He stood up to get a better look, stepping over to the bag. Bakugo still stood there, looking at him, as Kirishima picked up what had tumbled out of the bag.