♚ fuck, adrian, i miss her

**Okay, so Amor de Reina is a mess. The timeline isn't directly correlating to anything I'm posting in EBA.

Sometimes, to write a scene for EBA, I HAVE to write out some of the stuff that Soren feels, so I can understand where he is. So that's why we have these random scenes sometimes, lol 😂

This is after the first two chapters of EBA. After Adrian brings Lacey to Julio's apartment.

Soren is overwhelmed and upset and drunk. He just lost his other brother. And the only person he thought would still be with him doesn't want to be around him right now.

We all knew Soren was going to fucking spiral. So... yeah. This is it. ❤️

I took another long swig that burned. It fucking burned. It burned down my throat and it seared through my chest and it flared out into my limbs.

If it could take the feeling of her off of my fingertips, I'd take it.

I'd let it.

Fucking burn it all away.

"Alright, cabrón. ¿Qué carajo está pasando?" Adrian sighed in exasperation. "¿Qué es esto? You're a fucking mess."

A fucking mess.

"Funny," I commented dryly before taking another one. Sloshing in the back of my throat, the whiskey burned until I cringed. Burn, burn, burn.

The flames flashed through my vision — an inferno that I'd been the cause of.

I'd fucked this up. I'd fucked myself up. I'd fucked her up. I'd fucked everything up.

"I've always been a fucking mess."

"True," Adrian said, yanking the bottle from my hand. He set it on the counter and faced me with raised brows. Like an older brother, he pinned me with a look that demanded an explanation.

Was that how I was supposed to look at my brothers? Was that what an older brother was like?

How had I been such a fucking horrible brother?

"But even more than usual. This is about cariño, huh?"

Cariño.

Fuck, my entire brain seemed to shortcircuit as he drawled that fond nickname.

"What did you say to me?" I fished for the foggy memory, trying to ignore the way the room was spinning. "Todo es sobre ella."

"Fuck, you really love her," he mused with a sad smile.

He said it as if he knew. As if he understood. As if he could even fathom the way I felt about her.

And that just made me fucking angry.

Snatching the bottle back, I ground out between clenched teeth, "I do. I fucking love her."

"And is what he said true?" Adrian danced around the name, surveying me with pity. It nearly made me set the bottle back down in anger. "You've always loved her?"

He.

My fucking brother.

My own brother.

A bitter aftertaste tainted every single thought. It hadn't hit me until I'd been alone. Consumed with hopelessness and a disgust for every action that had led me to this moment.

Both of my brothers were fucking dead.

All that loathing gathered at the back of my throat, making me wince. My own brother. Both brothers.