Chapter 33

I woke up from my sleep in Ross’ arms on the sofa. I sat up and I felt Ross move. I looked at him and his eyes were open “Cassidy? Are you ok? What happened?” I smiled at his concerned face. “Did you see the note, the person left me?” He scrunched his face up in confusion. He was adorable! “What person and what note?” I laughed. I told him about me washing the dishes and seeing a person with scratches and blood outside then the note. He listened intently while I spoke. When I’d finished his face was full of horror. “AND YOU DIDNT TELL ME? YOU COULD OF GOT HURT!” I rolled my eyes at his outburst. “I picked up the note and called you, then fainted...” He laughed sheepishly “oh yeah.” I giggled and gave him a hug. “I love you Ross.” He smiled into my hair “I love you too Cassidy.” We stayed like that for a while.

Ross fell asleep with his arms around me. I rested my head on his chest and thought about the man I saw earlier. Every time I closed my eyes, he appeared. I snuggled closer to Ross and eventually drifted off into dreamland. I dreamt that Ross, Shor and I were on the beach having a picnic. Shor was running around like a crazy person looking totally adorable. He wanted to go in the sea. Ross went in with him. I was watching them both swim and splash around. They both went underwater and came up laughing. They went under for a second time. This time they didn’t come up. I waited a few seconds then started to panic. They hadn’t come up and it’d been 30 seconds. There was a laughing from behind me. I turned to see the man with scratches and blood dripping down his face. I backed away slowly. He laughed again evilly. “I told you I’d get you and your baby.” I froze as he drew out a large knife. He pulled it above his head and stabbed me again and again. I was screaming. I heard a voice saying “Cassidy. Cassidy? Cassidy!”

 I sat up straight making my head crash into Ross’. “Sorry!” I cried. Tears were running down my cheeks. He rubbed my back and cuddled me “what was your nightmare about?” I looked at him “what nightmare...?” Hoping it sounded convincing. He gave me a flat look. “Cassidy, you were crying and screaming in your sleep. I think you were having a nightmare.” I gave a sigh of defeat and told him all about my dream. When I’d finished he hugged me tightly and kissed my forehead. “I’m not going anywhere, I promise.”

For the next week, Ross and I stayed in the house for safety. Rydel was always nice and comforting talking about shopping sprees and baby clothes to get my mind off things and Riker, Rocky and Ryland were playing video games with Ross to distract him. It worked. I felt so safe. I was flipping through a magazine when I felt a throbbing pain in my stomach. I held it tightly. I felt warm liquid under me...my water broke. “Rydel...my water broke!” She looked at me, her eyes wide. “ROSS! QUICK GET HERE NOW!” She screamed. Ross sprinted up the stairs. “WHAT HAPPENED?” He ran into the room and his eyes went wide looking at me. “Don’t just stand there! Help me! We have to get to the hospital!” He helped me up and we went downstairs and outside then got in to the car.

Ross was going about 15mph over the speed limit. I clutched my belly and let out a groan. “Don’t worry babe, we’re almost there.” I looked up and Ross was smiling at me. “EYES ON THE ROAD!” I yelled. He snapped his head back to the road. “Sorry” He muttered. I felt really bad. “Sorry Rossey. It’s just my belly really hurts and I’m being moody and-“ Ross interrupted me mid sentence “It’s ok, honest. If I was pregnant and in pain I’m pretty sure I would snap at people too.” I smiled at him. We arrived at the hospital and Ross helped me out and put his arm around my waist, supporting me. We walked into the hospital and Ross said to the nurse “Hi, we need a room, my wife’s water broke.” The nurse nodded and took us to a spare room “the doctor will be here momentarily” we both nodded. I took a seat on the bed and Ross held my hand. “It’s finally happening” I whispered. Ross smiled and kissed my hand. The doctor came in 5 minutes later. “Right Mrs Lynch...” I still wasn’t used to people calling me that yet. “...I am doctor Stevens and I will be helping you today to get your baby out” He smiled. “What do I do?” I asked. He smiled warmly “first time?” I nodded. “Just push and I’ll do the rest.” I nodded. “It can’t be that bad.” Boy I couldn’t have been more wrong.

1 hour later I was still pushing. Sweat was pouring down my face and I let out screams of pain. “One more, one more” doctor Stevens said. “You’ve said that the last 20 times!” I yelled in frustration. “You need to push harder!” He said. I nodded and pushed. Ross squeezed my hand. I looked at him. He smiled. I smiled weakly back and pushed one more time, this time harder than the others. Suddenly I heard a baby crying. I gasped. There, in the doctor’s hands, was my baby. Doctor Stevens gave the baby to a nurse, that had just come in, for him to be cleaned.

Ross kissed me on the lips. “You did it!” He whispered. I rested my head on the pillows. Ross got up to go look at the baby. 2 minutes later he came back holding our son in a white blanket. Ross bent down and carefully handed me the crying baby. I looked in the blanket and saw the most beautiful human I had ever seen. He had bright green eyes, with tufts of light blond, soft hair. His cheeks were bright pink with all the crying he’d done. As soon as he saw me, he stopped crying. He opened his mouth and a little gurgle came out. Almost like a burp-laugh. I giggled and looked deep into his eyes. “Hi Shor.” I whispered. Suddenly the door opened and the Lynches came in all smiley. Riker was the closest so I said “Riker? Do you want to hold Shor?” He smiled and nodded. He bent down and picked Shor up and cradled him. All the Lynches had a turn of holding my baby. When Rocky gave him back to Ross a doctor came in. “You can go home now. Shor is in perfect shape.”

We arrived home and I carefully took Shor out of his seat and held him close to me while the Lynches ran inside. I went to the door and opened it. The whole room was full of toys, clothes and little presents for Shor. I thanked and hugged them all. Everyone went up stairs and Ross and I went in the living room and sat on the sofa with me still holding Shor. I gazed deep into his green eyes “Shor, I know you’re going to love it here!” I whispered. He smiled and clung on to my finger. Ross put his arm around my shoulder and squeezed lightly. I looked up into Ross’ eyes and smiled. I was the luckiest girl in the world.

The End.

Hey guys! Is this good enough for the ending? I was kind of stuck. Please comment and tell me if you want a sequel and in a month or so, when I have an idea, I’ll start doing a sequel. I won’t be updating my other stories that often after Tuesday because I’m going to school and I have to study hard for all my tests. I’ll probably update once a week. Thanks!:{D