Chapter 2

Note: I only own my story and characters. Any pictures, videos, or any other type of media used or mentioned in my story I do not claim ownership.

Moving day is only three days away, I do not know what's worse, my siblings complaints about leaving the land they lived all their lives, or my parents constant reminder to rid myself of all of my detective stuff. I'm not kidding; my crime novels, my detective movies, my spare sleuthing equipment, and every black and white clothing article in my possession. I wish I can convince them to let me keep them but it's to prevent me from succumbing to temptation. Luckily there is another option, I'll just have to pretend I threw away everything.

During those three days I enacted my plan as stealthy as a I could. I share a room with my older sister Valerie and little sister Harley so it's going to a challenge. Making sure that I am alone, I made a list with two sections. The stuff I intend to keep and the stuff I intend to toss. I need to convince my parents that I'm following their demands, I'm already in trouble I do not wish to create a bigger fire. In the "keep" section: ultraviolet flashlight, invisible ink pens, magnifying glass, tweezers, my detective movies, and one full black and white attire. In the "toss" section: already read detective novels and the rest of my black and white clothing articles.

In order for this to work I had to use what I thought I would never use, Valerie's hand me downs. Over the years I've been given Valerie's old clothes, books, movies, everything Valerie wish to own no longer. Being both girls, mom and dad thought we would have some similar interests, but I have no interest in romance novels, nor school drama movies so I barely touch them. However in this situation they make great hiding spots.

On the first day we are hosting a garage sale so while everyone is outside setting up, I compared the sizes of my handheld objects to the books, then check the depth of each book to see how much them can hide. Carving a hole in the preferred amount of books I need, leaving a border I placed my magnifying glass in one book and the invisible ink pens with my ultraviolet flashlight in another. I placed them on the bottom of a box and started to fill them with the rest of Valerie's romance novels and my other books. Sometimes I needed a break from being sleuth, I rather not be those workaholic detectives I see in noir films. I mixed the carved out pages with some old papers Valerie, Harley, and I were going to throw away. Afterwards I pack the "tossed" detective books in another box to sell and threw away the discarded paper in the recycling bin. No one was the wiser, and I sold all my books. Not only did I convince my parents that I'm following their word but I easily earned $40 for the trouble.

I utilize my bathroom breaks to swap my detective movies with the school dramas by switching the DVDs and placing my black and white coordination in between my hand me down clothing articles. The trick is to separately place them in between a different pile of clothes while I'm packing them for the move. Once the garage sale is over I threw movies away the next day, making sure I'm not the only White in the room with me. As for the "tossed" clothes, I placed them in a bag and had mom drive me to the nearest donation box. Thus I created concrete evidence that I followed their word completely followed their word, when in reality I played them. But my work is not done, there is one more thing I need to do.

I stopped writing, I'm beginning to like writing in a diary. Placing down my pen I turn off my ultraviolet flashlight, in an instant every word written in the pages vanish. I put away the pen and light in their hiding place and repack the column of books into the box, finally sealing it. I went back to my diary and grab a regular pink pen. Harley came in the room a few minutes later. "Ah! A ghost." She scream, "Oh wait, it's just you." I rolled eyes, "Harley that joke is getting old." "Not to me~." She playfully sang, "So, whatcha doing?" "Doodling," I look up, facing her, "Aren't you supposed to help mom pack?" "Already done. What about you? It be bad if mom and dad found out you're slacking instead of of packing." I pointed at the sealed boxes with my pen, directing her attention to them. Out of all of our siblings she loves getting me in trouble the most. "You were saying?" Harley pouted, "Drat." "Harley!" Mom shouted, "Get over here quick!" Fear spread across her, Harley must've pack incorrectly. Watching Harley leave the bedroom in a panic I sketch a doodle depicting that same action over a "blank" page in my diary.