Chapter 6: Solivagant

Start from the beginning

After agonisingly going over the choreography with the boys, I decide to call it day with them. "Right. Boys I gotta dip, Shawn and I gotta do some writing and the drive to mine is lengthy. Schedule in for next week?" All 4 of them, nod simultaneously in agreement and pencil in the date for the same time. I grab my stuff and hug everyone not caring that I'm probably sweatier than a streaming gamer boy. I wave the girls goodbye with the promise of setting up plans in the next couple weeks whilst their in the country for the month. And say bye to the other boys, wake up Yoongi and say goodbye to the grump which he of course rolls back over and goes back to sleep. I reach Shawn and VMon who were deep in conversation about the deadliness of polar bears like seriously. After rolling my eyes at their childlike wonder interrupt their conversation by clearing my throat. "Uhm. Little boys, it's time your play buddy Shawn leaves. Him and I have some big boy things to attend to, but I'll be seeing you  both next week with Kookmin, Hobi and Sean." I smile at the 2 boys in question, and turn to Shawn and ask "do you want to stop for something to eat before heading to mine, or are you okay with a home-cooked meal?" Shawn shrugs in indecisiveness, I sigh and shake my head in awe at the indecisiveness deeming him worse than my sister trying to choose between F.R.I.E.N.D.S or Game of Thrones. "Okay. Home-cooked meal it is. Hope you're okay with Spanish Omelette." I turn and make sure I have everything of mine, and say goodbye to the girls, promising to catch with them. Shawn follows me out the door and outside to the car, I grab the aux cord and control the music for this trip. "Hope you don't mind but we gonna listen to my playlist this time round?" I glance at Shawn whilst waiting for Spotify to load up, "no, no of course not. Go for it! If anything I'm interest to see what you listen to on your trips or errands." He responds with looking at me, watching me open everything up on my phone. I open the correct playlist, and press shuffle. The first song to come on is by my little Boy Scouts; BTS, Autumn Leaves which was fun fact sampled by blackbear's Dead Roses. The song is often called Dead Leaves, by the fans and radio hosts.

Shawn looks like he's digging the song and beat, pulls an impressed look at the vocal runs and falsettos. I just look away and smirk, I start the car properly and revive the engine a little, put the car in reverse and pull out the space quicker than sonic. I look in the rear view mirror to see Jimin, Jungkook and Yoongi with their jaws to the ground watching Shawn and I leave. But Jungkook smirks hearing the song I'm playing, and just stands there looking smug. I roll my eyes at his smugness and look in front of me, turning onto the main road from the driveway. I turn to Shawn he's jamming out to the song, "who is this, how have I never heard this? And why is this not in English!?" Shawn fires out a serious of questions looking genuinely confused. I chuckle at him, "this, is who you just met. Bangtan Sonyeondan, also known as BTS. The song's called Autumn Leaves, or Dead Leaves pick your tea. But this song is mostly in Korean, a few lines in English or ad libs. Now shut up my fave part is coming up." The song changes pace, slows down with a bridge verse sung by my little artiste Tae. Then builds back up with ad libs by my sunshine, and he smashes it with a solo rap. The chorus intros with banging vocals by the maknae, and carried on with the rest of the vocal line. Shawn yells out an overly dramatic 'yas', the song fades out. Then the next song comes on making Shawn's face flash in recognition,

"Wait you- but how do you- hUH!?" He was stuttering and stumbling over his words. I just smile and sing along to the song, unbeknownst to Shawn recording me. I unashamedly belt out Jack G's high note without breaking a sweat, which is then that I notice the complete silence from my passenger. I glance at him and see him recording me, with a complete look of shock and pride. My cheeks go slightly pink, from the unexpected reaction and the recording. He's knocked out of his shock and ended the recording, tapping on the screen like a speed demon. Until I heard my phone ding, I wasn't bothered to look as I was driving but my gut told me he posted it on social media tagging me in it. I shake my head lightly in nonchalance, I check my mirrors before changing lanes to take the exit from the freeway. Once off the exit ramp I pick a speed and continue on the long stretch of road leading to outside of the hustle and bustle of the city. Love in ruins starts playing but the remix and honestly love Sinead, I nod along to beat and flip the button for the hood to lower the roof.