He was feeling a little apprehensive about the coming party. The other boys that they had fought with would definitely be there, and Colin in fact, was the host. It was going to be terribly awkward; at least they hadn't been asked not to come or anything, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. He almost wished that they did ask them not to come so he wouldn't have to put up with it. I can hang out with Ringo, George and Paul, he told himself. They didn't have to hang out with the main group; they could just get some drinks, hang out at the beach, pig out on food and fuck off after a bit. Basically leech off of them then leave, he thought with an amused, albeit wry smile.

Eventually, the boy finally reached his best friend's house. It was a modest place, but always felt homey to him. He loved going there, and loved Ringo's parents, too. They were endlessly kind and sweet and were almost parental figures for him in his younger years when he had a lack thereof, and still were to that day, pretty much.

"John! Oi!" John looked up as he was opening the gate to find the source of the voice - which was Ringo, peering out from his open bedroom window at him with a grin. "Be down in a sec. Just wait there." The older disappeared into the house. The auburn-haired boy shoved his hands in his pockets with a grin of his own, excited at Ringo's endless enthusiasm. It was infectious sometimes.

After a few more seconds, the front door opened and the azure-eyed boy bustled out, calling a "bye, dad!" before he shut the door after him, catching up to John with a raise of his brows.

"Off to Geo's?"

"Yeah. Do you know where he lives? I don't." He took another drag of his cig as they set off down the street again, off to the next place. He wordlessly handed an unlit cigarette to Ringo who took it with a 'thanks' before he lit it up.

"Yeah," He nodded, turning to look at him. "how d'ya feel about the party?"

"I dunno. Let's just avoid those guys as much as we can." He shrugged with a half-hearted grimace. "I dunno if we should be going in the first place, if 'm honest."

"Let's just have a good time, eh?" Ringo nudged his shoulder with an encouraging smile. "We don't give a toss about the others. Right?"

"Right!" John grinned, nudging him back; they eventually had reached George's house, since Ringo turned and stopped as they reached a small brick house. He took one last drag of his cigarette before tossing it to the ground, stomping it into the footpath, his friend doing the same - John didn't want George's parents to catch him smoking in case they would disapprove. Most parents did, in fact. Mimi disapproved any one of his friends that looked even slightly like a ruffian, and disapproved the most that he dressed like them and listened to rock 'n' roll music. It was fun for him to annoy her with it, though.

"Ringo! John!" John was pulled from his thoughts as George's voice sounded near him. He looked up in shock to see George peering through the window next to the front door with an elated grin, before he dashed away, disappearing - only for a few seconds - and reappearing as he flung open the door. "Let's go!"

As the younger hopped down the steps to join his friends, a short woman peered out the door, calling out a "be back by ten!" before waving at Ringo and John (the former smiled and said 'hello, Louise' back while the latter just nodded awkwardly).

"Hiya, George." John smirked down at him, ruffling his hair. It was something that had become a regular meeting ritual between him and George - the dark-eyed boy just shoved his hand away with a glare (albeit with no real malice); "oi! I spent ages on this," he grumbled as he reached up to try and set the mound of dark locks back in its proper place.

"Let's go off to Paul's now, shall we?" Ringo wrapped an arm around George's shoulders. With that, the three set off down the street to their next stop.