Chapter 1

It was night. Hard rain and wind defined the cold marshy landscape. I could hear the wind howling through the old rotten trees. Every step I took was followed by a squishy sound. I couldn't see where I was going. Two masked men had tied me up and now they're leading me through the landscape. They covered up my head so I couldn't see where they were bringing me. Suddenly something hit me on the forehead and made me stagger backward. A branch. God dammit. I felt a hand squeezing my shoulder. Not in a friendly way. The hand started pushing me forward again.

After another five minutes of walking, I started feeling like we reached a glade. The moonlight enlightened the place and I could finally see something through the little holes in the sack that was over my head. On the other side of the glade, I could see about seven silhouettes standing next to each other in something that appeared to be a half circle. I could feel the fear creeping up my body. Suddenly a person from behind pushed me which made me stumble and fall. A harsh pain shot through my knee. I landed perfectly on a stone. I quietly snorted with range. I've landed on the only stone for miles around for sure. I tried to stand up but I was pushed down again. Someone pulled the sack off of my head. I was right. We actually were on a glade. I carefully started looking around. I was able to spot about ten people. All dressed in dark clothes with weapons that were pointing on me. One of the silhouettes emerged from the darkness and started walking towards me. I couldn't see the persons face but something made him appear familiar. The way he moved. The way he cracked his knuckles. "Do you remember me?", he asked. I screwed up my eyes. Then the moonlight enlightened his face. I gulped for air. Him. That can't be possible. I killed him! He bent over staring into my eyes like a psycho. My eyes traveled to the most conspicuous detail in his face. A scar runs down the left side of his forehead down cutting his eyebrow in two parts, crossing one of his eyes down to the corner of his mouth. He noticed my gaze. "You tried to kill me. But you missed your target." He laughed while licking the end of the scar. Then he straightened up and moved a few steps backward. "You thought you would be the best, right?" He laughed again. "Well. You're wrong." The smile disappeared and he started pointing with his weapon towards me. His grey eyes showed me that he wished me dead. "Forgot how to speak?" He opened his eyes even wider. His gaze was crazy, furious. I opened my mouth to answer something but only a croaking came out. "I think we should end this." A female voice came out of the darkness. His gaze softened and he turned around. "I wanna enjoy this moment." He turned back to me and bend down to lift up my face by putting his gun under my chin. The cold metal and the smell of black powder made me tremble. I closed my eyes. I only felt anger and fear. How did I get into this trouble? Then the sound of a shot cut through the air.

- 15 years earlier -
This is when my life wasn't that full of guns and stuff. I had a twin sister called Marion. Accentuation on had. We didn't look alike but that was nothing we cared about in those days. Marion was pale, had red hair with beautiful blue eyes. I myself am the complete opposite. I have tanned skin, light brown eyes, and black hair. Oh! And by the way. My name is Jayna . We completely fitted into the stereotype of young girls loving pink, unicorns, and cupcakes. But when we got older Marion started being more adult than I. She started wearing normal-colored stuff and did her make-up. I, however, was stuck in that "I-love-unicorns-and-pink-and-cupcakes-and-stuff-phase" Even in 9th grade I continued bringing my stuffed unicorn to school and I always wore my pink skirt with flowers on it.
But no matter how childish I was Marion still loved me. And I guess she kinda was protecting me just by her presence. But then. She was away for five days on a football-camp and I was alone. No one would talk to me and I would only get those weird gazes from the other pupils. I guess I never really noticed them until the physical bullying started.
One day, I was stuffing my locker when three girls - Chloe Forrester, Lacey McAllister, and Janice Dakobey - walked up to me. I remember feeling a hand laying on my shoulder that day, forcing me to turn around. I remember standing in front of my locker with my back touching the wall, the three girls standing around me making fun of me. All of the girls had already reached puberty. They were doing their make-up - just like Marion - and their clothes looked way more fashionable than mine. Chloe had blonde hair and blue eyes, Lacey was black haired with blue eyes and Janice had brown hair and - without joking - she actually had black eyes. Eyes looking like you were looking straight into hell.
Even when Marion was around they seemed to find a way of bullying me. For three years I didn't tell anyone. At the beginning of each break I always ran to the toilets to hide.
I hated my life.
I even started hurting myself.
I hated my appearance.
I hated my character.
I hated every i was or did.
In class I never said a word.
I went from an A student to a nearly failure.