11 ;; strawberry fields

Start from the beginning

"Leather jacket?" He murmured as he flipped through his coats on his coat rack; "nah.." instead of picking the jacket, he instead fished out his long coat, since it was cold outside. He pulled on some socks and boots before slipping on his coat. Glancing outside, he saw the rain was ceasing. He let out a relieved noise. He thought they wouldn't be able to go to the pier in this weather, but it seemed if it stopped raining, then they could resume their usual plan. It wouldn't be very nice to sit on the pier, but they could stand and look at the docks after they ate.

He opened up his bedroom door - no sounds from downstairs, meaning Mimi hadn't gotten home yet, thank god. She would never know he'd ditched school and been at home all day; he descended the stairs and wrote a quick note.

Off to a date. No, its not that Emily girl again. If the principal calls, been at school all day. Kidding, why wouldn't I be? :) Out of milk again, by the way.
- your darling, handsome nephew who never ditches school.

He left it on the kitchen table before picking up the umbrella he had stolen from him and Cynthia's date last week. He gazed down at it, hearing her voice echo in his mind; "John! You're so wicked!"
He was just being cheeky to try and impress her. And to try and force feelings for her when he didn't feel anything beyond friendship.

With that, he opened the front door and stepped out into the daytime - and he was shocked to see the rain had completely stopped. The ground below was soaked, but at least they could still go to the docks now. He closed the umbrella and went on his way, his boots sending droplets flying everywhere as he trailed along. I look a little odd... he thought to himself, looking down at his outfit. He had on a long dark blue coat that he'd left unbuttoned, revealing his leather drainies below and his favourite red checkered button-up (never doing up the first button, of course). It was a bit of a weird combination, but he thought it looked good nonetheless. 

John eventually made it to her school; it was a small, girls-only high school, and he saw the students were just leaving after a long day. The only guys he could see were a few waiting outside the gates for - presumably - their girlfriends or something, and a few male teachers leaving the building to go home - but otherwise it seemed to be only girls.

He stuffed his hands in his pockets and stood near the front, waiting for Cynthia to come out. Girls streamed from the front doors in clusters, chattering to themselves as they went on their way; quite a few began to notice that John Lennon was there, and they pointed to him in surprise and whispered excitedly to each other. He didn't really bother to indulge them, but sent a wink their way, making them dissolve into giggles and hurry away with glances in his direction. It bothered him. Usually he loved the attention, but lately he'd been more and more bothered by it.

"John!" He heard his name being called by a familiar voice - he lifted his head to lock eyes with Cynthia. She was carrying a bag and was making her way down the front steps, her blonde locks done up ; the girl grinned widely as she spotted him and hurried to catch up with him. She looked so pretty in the muted sunlight, her footsteps sending up droplets of water as she went. She was a nice girl. He felt bad that he'd be breaking it off, but he had no feelings for her.

"Hey, Cyn." He smiled at her as she reached him. "Let's go, eh?" 

"Yeah," She smiled back, adjusting the bag slung over her shoulder. With that, the two of them began to make their way out of the school's front yard. As they did so, a few other girls called to Cynthia in goodbyes, and she sent one back with a wave. They seemed to gossip even more when they noticed that the hazel-eyed girl was with John, and he made a stupid face as he passed them to make them laugh, Cynthia even chuckling herself.

"How was school?" He turned to her once they had started down the street. Usually he'd wrap an arm around her shoulders, give her a kiss on the cheek.. but he felt way too awkward to do that. He was about to break it off with her, it wouldn't be appropriate if he was affectionate with the girl.