The Beginning of The Last

Start from the beginning

"Kane, are you going to get under the water?" Jarryd asked firmly.

"Oh" Kane said, snapping into attention, "Yes, sorry I'm still only half awake."

"Well we better hurry up, first day back at school and the last thing we need is to be late."

"True," Kane said, stepping under the water, "Do you need me to put soap on your back?" he asked J.

"Yeah, if you could, I always struggle to get all of my back!" Jarryd exclaimed.

"Haha, I know the feeling." Kane agreed, rubbing the bar soap into a face flannel and rubbing it over Jarryd's lean back, he could feel the vertebrae under his fingers as he ran the cloth down Jarryd's spine, he could feel the tight muscles on either side. Moving the cloth further down Jarryd's back, Kane eventually felt the curve of Jarryd's perky backside cupped in his hand.

"What are you doing?" Jarryd asked, snapping Kane back into reality once again.

"Oh," Kane said, looking down at his hands embracing Jarryd's backside. "No-Nothing, I-I don't know, sorry." He finished, stuttering as he pulled his hands away as quickly as he could.

"Kane, you don't need to be sorry, I didn't say it was a bad thing." Jarryd said openly as Kane was looking down to his feet, the face of shame hanging there.

"What?" Kane looked up.

"I said, you don't need to be sorry, I like it! I don't know what it is, I'm not gay Kane. But there is something about you in particular which sets all my nerve endings on fire! I feel like I am going to melt every time you touch my skin, and just there, I could have died and I would have been happier in any other situation. I know it sounds weird that I say I'm not gay, except for you. But that's how it is." Jarryd blushed and looked away. Kane grabbed Jarryd's jawline in one hand and tugged gently on his face to pull it up into his, their lips mashed together, Kane's tongue worming it's way into Jarryd's mouth. Kane knew in that moment exactly what Jarryd meant about every nerve ending on his body feeling as if it were on fire. The entire room seemed to heat up and the two pulled away from each other, almost stumbling over their own feet as they got out the shower and both grabbed for the same towel.

"Hey!" Kane said, "It's my house! My towel!"

"We can share." Mimicked Jarryd as he looked deeply into Kane's eyes.

"Shut up!" Kane giggled.

"Boys? Are you both in there?" the two heard Tracy shout through the door.

"Um... No mum!" Jarryd is through in the shower room in the spare room. I'll call him down when I get out!" Kane called through the door.

"Oh, I thought I heard him in there too, I must be imagining things." she called back through the door.

The two stood stiff as marble statues in a museum until they heard Tracy's feet reach the bottom of the stairs and listened to her walk into the back of the house towards the kitchen.

"Phew!" Jarryd said, "That was really close!"

"Yeah, listen, I will go out first, and leave the towel in here with you, then you wrap it around you, go wait in the spare bathroom and listen for me to call you."

"K."

The boys followed through with their plan and all went smoothly, the two got dressed, peeking over to each other on the odd occasion as they pulled their clothing on. They joined Tracy down the stairs, grabbed their cups of tea off the counter in the kitchen, which had by that time, gone cold. They drank their tea anyways and continued to get ready for the beginning of the last.