"Come along, children. Heimdall is waiting for us," Thor grumbled.

You, Loki, and Thor said your goodbyes to the others, promised to be safe, and return soon, and finally made your way downstairs to where the Bifrost could safely be opened. Loki wrapped an arm firmly around you. "Travel by Bifrost is an experience," he explained. You didn't think it was dangerous, but Loki held you tightly against his side anyway. "And you are not used to travelling this way yet, witchling," he added. You'd only been on the Bifrost twice.

Thor raised his hammer and called to Heimdall. The Bifrost appeared around you and you clutched onto Loki, forgetting for a moment just how disconcerting it was to fly along the rainbow bridge. It only lasted for a moment before you stepped into the room with Heimdall and his giant sword.

"Welcome back to Asgard," he greeted you all. Thor and Loki both inclined their heads politely and you offered him a small curtsy, the exact depth due to his station. Loki had been drilling you on curtsies for weeks. That was the bonus of a boyfriend who spent time as a girl and had all of his life. He knew perfectly well how to function as a female at court.

"Thank you, Heimdall," you all answered him. He looked impressed that you had used Asgardian instead of English. You gave him a grin in reply. Loki offered you his arm in escort and you placed your hand on his arm so the three of you could leave the Bifrost chamber to head to the palace. There were two horses waiting for you.

"Why can't we teleport?" you whined at Loki.

"Because the people need to see their princes return," Thor replied overly patiently this time. "We will have to teach you to ride soon," he commented when he caught your expression at the giant hoofed creatures.

"Not a common activity in the middle of the city," you grumbled, but didn't pause on the way to the horses. Loki swung up into the saddle of his horse gracefully, the movement obviously well practiced. You stuck your tongue out at him. "Showoff,"

He reached down a hand to you. You clasped it automatically. "No, this is showing off," he commented with his Cheshire cat grin and hauled you up in front of him effortlessly. You shrieked and giggled at his antics as he wrapped his arms firmly around you, holding you safely across his lap.

"That is showing off," you agreed. He kissed the top of your head in reply. "Aren't I supposed to ride behind you?" you asked. That's how you'd expected this would work.

"Were you used to riding, especially side saddle, which is what you would need to do while wearing a full-length dress, yes you would ride behind me, however, this is safer," he replied. "Plus, I enjoy you in my lap," he whispered in your ear, making you blush.

The trip to the palace was much calmer than the headlong gallop you'd taken last time while you were hiding your presence. Thor and Loki strolled the horses, waving and nodding to the people, letting them see their princes had returned. You were uncomfortable with the attention and tried to convince yourself it was just for Thor and Loki, but you heard the whispers of 'Sigyn' through the crowds too and saw how the people reacted when Loki did little things like kiss your hair or settle his arm more firmly around you. They noticed the little things and the change in the usually sullen quiet prince.

Servants met you at the palace gates to take the horses. Thor dismounted first and reached up to hand you down from the saddle. He lifted you effortlessly down to your feet. "Thanks, Thor," you replied as you straightened out your skirts. Loki swung down as gracefully as he'd swung into the saddle. Your hand was on his arm as you walked into the palace and through the familiar halls of Thor's and Loki's childhood.

The first thing you did was present yourself to Odin and Frigga and announce your return. The boys bowed and you dipped into the proper curtsy. Thor as the eldest made the official announcement to Odin that you all had returned for a visit and Odin welcomed you all. Frigga stepped down from her place to hug her sons. You stepped back a pace to let them have their moment. You saw Loki's happiness at the hug from his mother, for all that he was adopted. He may hate Odin for the things he had done in the past, but he would always love Frigga and saw her as his real mother, no matter what he said.

"Welcome back to Asgard, Sigyn," Frigga greeted you with a polite formal nod once she had hugged both of her sons.

You dipped yet another curtsy. "Thank you, your majesty," you replied in proper formal Asgardian. You had been practicing.

She and her sons spoke for awhile, catching up on things they'd all missed. Finally, she added. "Loki, Sigyn has been given the suite across the hall from yours, if you would like to show her the way. I'm sure you would all like to freshen up from your travels." You all knew a dismissal when you heard one. The boys both kissed Frigga's hand before they left.

"Lady Sigyn," Loki said to you with a smile, offering you his hand. You placed your hand in his and he lifted it to his lips to place a soft kiss on your knuckles. He smiled softly and placed your hand on his arm so he could escort you through the halls of the palace.

"He loves her truly," you heard Frigga comment softly enough that all three of you could pretend you hadn't.