s e v e n

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉—𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸—

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉
—𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸—

     𝙅𝘼𝙓 𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙉𝘿 𝙃𝙄𝙈𝙎𝙀𝙇𝙁 standing at Emma Alonso's doorstep, facing the girl herself. She was confused as to why he was back so soon, seeing as how he had only dropped her off around an hour ago from their day together. Jax toys with the zipper on his jacket, his eyebrows furrowed as he focuses on trying to comprehend what he'd say to her. But really— what was there to say?

"Jax, what are you doing here?" Emma questions, leaning against the doorframe. "Did you leave something here?"

"Um, no," he says, a little too quickly. His face grows hot as he rubs the back of his neck, a slight tinge of pink rising to his cheeks. "I need to talk to you about today, actually."

It was silent for a moment, the only thing that could be heard was the rain that softly tapped Jax's umbrella. He knew that the upcoming things he'd say might ruin every chance he ever had with Emma, even as being just a friend. But it was important that she knew the truth, because he didn't want to be with her. Bailey deserved to know that too, but he decided he'd wait a bit longer to tell the brunette. After all, she still had fresh wounds made by his words.

"Oh . . . " Emma trails off, biting her lip. She looks exhausted, as if she had run her fingers through her hair too many times to count— and Jax could've swore that her eyes were puffy. "Do you want to come in and talk about it?"

Now that he was standing here, staring into her marvelous eyes, he didn't want to tell her what he came here for. He wanted to make an excuse, and lie about his true feelings. His heart told him one thing, yet his mind told him another— was this what Emma had felt like when she had to choose between Jax and Daniel? He felt pity for her, as he now understood what it felt to be in her shoes.

"Are you okay, Emma?" Jax asks, averting the conversation that he never wanted to have. "Have you been crying or something?"

"Daniel and I got into a fight after you left," the girl explains, her eyes finding the ground. "He was upset about me leaving him earlier, and then I realized how hard that must have been for him. I could only imagine how I would feel if he ditched me for . . . "

"For Bailey," Jax finishes, reading her mind. His expression is solemn, his mind wondering to the same thing. "I'd react the same way if she left with Daniel."

"So you have feelings for her?" Emma asks, suspicious of his previous comment. She seemed to narrow her eyes a bit— was that jealousy? "But I . . . I didn't know the two of you had been acquainted enough for that. She moved here, what? Two or three days ago?"