Chapter Twenty-Seven

A few days before the wedding

Jing and AiLin sat in AiLin's room together. It was only a few days before the wedding and both queens had separated them from each other till the wedding as punishment for them running away without saying anything. Kong and LiYun were in the Dragon Kingdom under lock down. AiLin looked down at his ring and played with it. Jing tried to sooth him but he felt the same way as AiLin did.

AiLin got up and headed outside to the garden and walked around alone with Jing watching to make sure he didn't do anything stupid again. AiLin's mother walked over to Jing and watched her son as well.

''Is he alright'' she asked worriedly.

Jing turned and looked at her ''No, he is not alright. He is kept away from Li as a punishment just because they wanted time away from the craziness and just wanted to be alone'' he huffed and walked off to AiLin who was sitting down near the flowers.

She stood there and watched them then sighed and walked off. She made her way to the Dragon Kingdom. The moment she entered she heard loud yelling coming from one of the palaces.

''Don't mind that, it's just LiYun throwing a fit'' the dragon queen said ''We had to chain him down. He even knocked Kong out.''

''Because the two of you choose to keep them apart'' Kong said walking up to them upset.

''I think we were a bit harsh keeping them apart as a punishment'' AiLin's mother said ''I can't stand to see Ai this upset and just listen to Li. You can't tell me that this does not hurt you as well to see your son like this.''

''It's only just a few more days'' LiYun's mother said.

AiLin's mother shook her head ''If you choose to keep Li locked up till then so be it, but I will not keep my son locked up anymore'' she said ''Just know he may come here looking for Li, what you do is up to you.'' She turned away and left.

LiYun's mother stood there and sighed ''Kong, have them let Li go'' she heard LiYun's yells getting even louder as if he was about to go into his dragon form ''She was right, it does hurt to see him this way. Go and make it fast.''

Kong nodded and ran off. When he reached LiYun he saw that almost all the guards were trying to keep LiYun tied down.

Kong ran over ''STOP!'' he shouted ''The Queen as agreed to let him go.''

They all let go of the chains at the same time. LiYun growled and took a step forward. Kong ran over to him and held his face.

''Hey calm down'' he said in a calm voice ''AiLin needs you now so go to him.''

LiYun started to breath normally again then nodded as he ran off.

AiLin's mother walked back to AiLin's garden then stood there. Jing saw her and walked over ''About before, I'm sorry Auntie'' he said softly.

''No, I was in the wrong. I want to let Ai go see Li, but it's bad'' she hung her head ''He went mad trying to leave. They ended up chaining him down with Iron chains.''

''Geez'' Jing ran his hand through his hair looking at AiLin ''He can't know about this, if he does.''

''If he does he will go mad trying to get to Li and help him'' she said.

Jing nodded in agreement. The next thing they knew they heard someone running up behind them. When they turned they saw both Kong with LiYun, who was covered in cuts and blood, following behind.

''Li dear, are you alright'' she said walking over to him and looking him up and down.

''I'm ok this is nothing'' he said smiling softly at her ''I heard if it wasn't for you coming by I might have been stuck that way till the day of the wedding. Thank you, Auntie'' he hugged her tightly.