[3]

[THREE]

[THREE]

"Go away. Go away. Go away. Go away. Leave me alone. Leave me alone. Leave me alone. Leave me alone. Leave me alone. Leave me alone. Leave me alone. Don't leave me alone."

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

A PHONE sat quietly on a desk, but when the time turned to 6:00 AM however, the screen lit up and a blood curdling alarm screamed a steady tune from the small and seemingly minimal speakers. Jaehyun learned not to underestimate how terrifyingly loud the phone could be in the morning, and it always put him in fight or flight mode when awaking— which, as you can imagine, could be a serious issue.

Jaehyun's head flew up from the desk, his heart beating rapidly in his chest the instant he realized where he was. A pout masked his face when his eyes met several pages scattered messily about his desk, some containing a weird sketch that looked nothing short of a blob, while most were completely and utterly blank. The paper that was used as a pillow for his head was now wet with drool, and the pencil Jaehyun was using found a cozy home on the floor. Jaehyun scooted his chair back and quickly turned off the blaring alarm, his gaze unamused at the unfortunate situation he found himself in.

Frustration rapidly bubbled up in Jaehyun's stomach and spilled through his actions as he took all the papers (even the blank ones) off of the desk and crumpled them up into one useless ball and threw it in the trash.

He ran his hand down his face with his teeth clenched tightly together, holding in the yell that clawed at his throat, feet stumbling to the bathroom outside his bedroom door. He made it to the sink, and quickly splashed cold water over his barren and puffy face. Jaehyun glared at his reflection in the mirror for a minute before reaching for his toothbrush and the toothpaste, jumping when hearing a yell from the other side of the door.

"Who's going to take Donghyuk to school then? You can't just leave!" a female yelled desperately, emotion dripping in her tone. Jaehyun nibbled on the inside of his bottom lip when hearing his mother's strained and stressed voice, pausing his actions.

Another voice boomed back, one that Jaehyun recognized as his stepfather's. "Why can't you do it? You don't do anything around here anyway, yet you control everything; the money, the house, my fucking freedom! I have to go," his gravely voice growled, and afterwards the front door slammed shut. Jaehyun now stared at himself in the mirror, but instead of annoyance, his face was contorted in shock. He looked away, listening and still frozen in his place in the small bathroom. It was too quiet.

After a few seconds, he threw the hygiene products in the sink and ran out of the bathroom, frantic eyes meeting the scene of his mother turned away in the kitchen and his stepbrother just standing awkwardly and passively in the living room, staring blankly at the ground. "What happened?" he asked tentatively, watching as his mother turned around, her face hidden in a tissue. She seemed as if she was attempting at answering, but her voice got choked up in a cry.