(2) Fireflies

I'd like to make myself believe

That planet earth turns slowly

Its hard to say

that id rather stay awake when im aslepp

Cos everything is never as it seems

**Fireflies, Owl City**

CHAPTER 2

I slowly peeled my eyes open and took in my surroundings. I was lying on a hospital bed, white all around me. My head felt heavy and my body felt old and weary. My brain started to remember snippets of what happened to bring me here.

I was at a party.

A stranger gave me a drink.

He took me into a bedroom.

Holy Shit.

I think I was raped last right.

I drifted in and out of consciousness over the next few hours until finally I was wide awake, staring at the ceiling and wondering what the hell was going on.

Then the door opened.

My heart stopped beating and my breath was coming out in short sharp pants. The door slowly creaked open and I was imagining the worst. It was a man, dressed in a white lab coat and he had a tired expression on his face. He looked to be about in his forties and was probably a doctor.

It then slowly dawned on me that maybe I had had too much alcohol last night and had to get my stomach pumped. Or maybe I was here because my drink was spiked? Why else would I be in a hospital?

The man slowly walked towards me and gently pulled me upright so I was sitting up. He then said, “Hello Hannah, I am Dr Griffis, are you feeling alright?”

“Ermm, yes thank you, although my head feels a bit heavy.” I replied. “Umm.. Can I ask you a question?”

“Why of course Hannah, I am sure you are a little bit confused at the moment!” he chuckled.

I gave a small laugh, “Yes, I am a bit. I was wondering how I ended up in hospital? I mean, was I drunk, because I swear I only had one cup, but I think someone might have spiked it and then, well” My voice cracked after this little speech as I could not quite get the words out, as I was too afraid to hear the answer. But I took a deep breath and forced myself to continue. “Was I... um, was I raped?”

Dr Griffis’ eyes widened and he shook his head violently. “Good lord, no!”

I sighed in relief, thank god. I could only imagine what would have happened if I had been, I felt like a huge weight had been lifted of my chest and I could breathe again.

Dr Griffis continued, “You were not raped, but you are correct about your drink, although I wouldn’t say spiked, there was just a drug in there to make you become unconscious for a couple of hours”

I gaped at him, open mouthed “A DRUG” I screeched, “Someone put a drug in my drink!”

Dr Griffis looked alarmed at my little outburst, “Calm down, Calm down dear, the drug was perfectly harmless and we would not have had to inject you with a stronger dose if your body had not fought against it as much. It is supposed to be effective after five minuets, but took about fifteen for you and -”

“Wait” I interrupted him, “WE, who is WE? Are you trying to tell me that it was YOU who drugged me?”

He looked at me sheepishly, “Well, yes, but I can explain”

I was so tired and confused; my mind was full of questions that wanted answers. “You have five minuets to explain to me where the hell I am and what the fuck happened” I told him coldly.

Dr Griffis looked at me, sighed and cleared his throat “You were taken from that party because you were recruited by us. We are a secret service funded by the president, and he is the only other person in the world who knows about it apart from the people who work here. We are know as ‘The Service’ and we have around 140 agents from all over the world who go out on missions, some deadly, but it is all to done to protect the people of this world and you should feel very honoured to be a part of it. Once I have given you a medical you will be taken to the Head Quarters where everything will be explained to you in more detail”

I think I must have sat there, gaping like a gold fish at him for about 10 minuets as he gave me my medical. I was going to become an agent. Part of a secret Service.

How the hell did I get myself into this situation?

Hopefully you guys will start to read my book soon, and vote, comment and fan: P

Please as it would mean so much to me!!

Thank you!

-oPolarBearsAreMyLiffe xxx